Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 ASV data drop outs
Aircurve 10 ASV data drop outs
Greetings to all ...

I had an unusual night with leakage and thought others might be interested in this data. This applies to the Aircurve 10 ASV using an Amara View mask. This shows what the graphs look like when you have exceeded the leakage capacity of the machine. Notice the graph lines simply stop, though the timer keeps going and the lines pick up again as leakage is reduced and the machine recovers. The data drop outs are through every graph each time. I presume these are all due to high leakage (with mask askew), even though we can not see how high the leakage was during the data drop outs. Notice also that the software does not flag these periods with lost data as having high leaks (with the gray color).

Looking further, we can also see where the high leakage was flagged. The highest leak rate it is continuing to flag with gray is 110 L/min (at 00:36). It easily follows the leakage between 00:40 and 00:47, which peaks at 97.2 L/min.  I can't say how accurately the machine is separating what is leak from what is breath volume at this point. I'm sure it was really pushing the limits for this machine, but I found it reassuring that it could distinguish each breath and that is so readily capable of recovery during these events. 

After much fussing with masks, chin props and pillows to stop every little leak last summer (with much frustration and no success), my doctor told me to stop worrying about leaks. I'm sure he would not approve of ignoring leaks this high, but sometimes they happen no matter how much you have tried to prevent them, and he is right that the treatment is still quite successful with brief leaks over 24 L/min or even 36 L/min (full face mask recommendation I have seen), and probably short bursts over 60 L/min with this particular machine.

I hope this information is useful to others using the Aircurve 10 ASV or considering using one.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 ASV data drop outs
I'm confused. I've seen it said, recently even, that asv is really sensitive to leaks. & then there's your experience which pretty much demonstrates the opposite. I think my asv has handled leaks just fine, although I tend to discount graphed data during large leaks. none so large as yours but over the red line. does anyone else know or have an opinion about this?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's quite useful info. Thanks.

I hope the leaks got back in order, as it doesn't look like that session will get the prize for best night if I'd guess.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen anything like that.  One way or another a glitch in the software.  

Could be the leak got so high the accuracy flaked.  Or a leak that high was never planned for in the software design and testing.  

The pressure chart might show if the ASV Algorithm was still behaving as one would expect in a big leak or was glitching at the time. 

I would ignore it unless the it keeps showing up.

///////////

Leaking at at 110L/m + the 25 cm H20 to take Pressure to it's peak.  

Wow.  The blower must have been working so hard it sounded like a Rocket Ship taking off right next to your bed. 

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
KallyA please post the full daily chart including the left sidebar. Be sure that both the calendar and pie chart are turned off. Ensure that the session data is visible. We're only seeing part of the story here.

Instructions for formatting the daily chart are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks to me that during the early part of the night the machine turned off due to the leaks as it assumed the mask was off. This is not unusual
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2019, 02:21 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: It looks to me that during the early part of the night the machine turned off due to the leaks as it assumed the mask was off. This is not unusual

I suspect you're right, and we'll see five or more sessions. I should also have asked whether "SmartStart" is turned on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,245 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.