Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 Vauto settings
Aircurve 10 Vauto settings
I have been successfully using the Vauto  since March 2020, with low AHI's . It has been quite comfortable with a regular breathing rate.
Recently I have been getting short of breath, particularly when laying down in bed trying to sleep, and I have now been diagnosed with early stage heart failure which is the obvious cause. I am finding it hard to breath comfortably when trying to sleep , and have a feeling of gasping for air. This makes me breath faster trying to get more air, and eventually I have to take the mask off.   Last night I increased PS from 4 to 6, and all this did was to increase my central apneas as I expected
My successful settings (before the onset of this shortness of breath) have been as follows 

Epap min 8
Ipap max 20
PS 4
Ti Min 0.6
Ti Max 2.2
Trigger High
Cycle Low 

Would anyone have suggestions for new settings that may help my breathing (particularly Ti min and  max, Trigger and cycle,  which I am finding quite confusing) 

thank you
Mal
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 Vauto settings
I would try to raise the min and cut back on the ps.  

You said your settings were.
Epap min 8
Ipap max 20
PS 4 raised to 6

I would move the min 10 and leave the ps at 4.  That would help with the amount of oxygen you are getting and the spread between the inhale and exhale would be the same.

I also have problem like yours - I was put on Oxygen at night at 4 lttrs.  It helped me, has the Dr. said anything about supplemental Oxygen.  Mine is paid for by medicare.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2021, 11:29 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I would try to raise the min and cut back on the ps.  

You said your settings were.
Epap min 8
Ipap max 20
PS 4 raised to 6

I would move the min 10 and leave the ps at 4.  That would help with the amount of oxygen you are getting and the spread between the inhale and exhale would be the same.

I also have problem like yours - I was put on Oxygen at night at 4 lttrs.  It helped me, has the Dr. said anything about supplemental Oxygen.  Mine is paid for by medicare.

Thanks for the reply
I will try the increased Epap

I see you also have the Vauto. Can supplementary oxygen be fed into this machine? 
Also would adjusting trigger, cycle and Ti min max help?   Are you on similar settings for them?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Stacy put the PS back where it was and increase the Epap
Post Reply Post Reply
I too feel air starved at lower pressures and I was going to say increase EPAP min to 10, keep PS at 4, at least for now.

Provide OSCAR charts please.
Also provide an additional 3 minute view of your normal breathing so we can see what your breath form looks like.

Trigger impacts how quickly the breathing cycle starts.  We typically recommend high when CA events are a bit of an issue to initiate PS on a smaller signal. 

Cycle works on the other end to extend the breath.  

I need to review the TI settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes they have a small piece of plastic that fits between the unit and the hose where the O2 is hooked up.  If you are using a heated hose then you need to buy the hose that has an O2 post built into the hose.  They cost the same as the regular heated hose.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=33548 Wrote:Gideon pid='402177' dateline='1625569684']I too feel air starved at lower pressures and I was going to say increase EPAP min to 10, keep PS at 4, at least for now.

Provide OSCAR charts please.
Also provide an additional 3 minute view of your normal breathing so we can see what your breath form looks like.

Trigger impacts how quickly the breathing cycle starts.  We typically recommend high when CA events are a bit of an issue to initiate PS on a smaller signal. 

Cycle works on the other end to extend the breath.  

I need to review the TI settings.

Well I increased EPAP to 10 and PS to 4. and this is my best ever oscar result . Basically no AHI and slept quite well for me
My Ti is 0.6min and 2.2 max  Trigger high   Cycle LOw    Do these need adjusting?
reports attached

Thankyou Gideon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks good, let it ride for a couple of days and see if this is a new normal or just a one night wonder.
Post Reply Post Reply
Out of curiosity did your paradoxical breathing start showing up in data again (the strange waveform previously noticed that improved with vauto)?

A bit more pressure support might be helpful but I would increase it in small increments (4.2, 4.4, 4.6 etc) and try to find sweet spot that feels good but doesn't cause central issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW here's Ti Min/Max info cut out of my copy of a clinical guide for a 9 series ST-A. Info should still apply regardless of device, as long as it has Ti settings.

Maybe this helps guide if or when these parameters need editing. Ti edits the IPAP timing. Default settings are mentioned.

[attachment=33550]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,504 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.