Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long to feel positive effects of CPAP
RE: How long to feel positive effects of CPAP
Beautiful @Phaleronic !

So once you found the right equipment and settings and started getting good sleep, did you feel better right away? Or how long till you actually felt better?
Post Reply Post Reply
The first real improvement I noticed once I got used to air blowing up my nose was my ability to fall asleep quicker.
Instead of lying awake for 30 minutes to a couple of hours a night it became a case of mask on, machine on, asleep in two to a maximum of five minutes.

After that it was sleeping through the night as the next goal.

I have no scientific backing for my theory.. but I think if we can sleep undisturbed for 6 hours or more is what addresses the fatigue aspect of our tiredness.
Using a CPAP to reduce the apnoea events during the night helps keep the oxygen level up in the blood stream and enables our bodies to heal tired and aching muscles.

A machine by itself won't overcome the fatigue aspect that comes with apnoea and disturbed sleep patterns.. but if you can get a good length of time asleep and then not having the apnoea events disrupting you then it all combines to become effective.

That's my untested unproven theory anyway.
oldman
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
@Rcgop Thanks of sharing and the encouragement!

@Phaleronic What a journey and well worth it. That's a beautiful chart!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 225 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  anyone with positive apnea reduction using emf shielding over bed? Pierelly 7 247 03-21-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.