Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 Whooshing Noise
Aircurve 10 Whooshing Noise
My Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is making a very noticeable whooshing noise that is preventing me from wearing it. I am seeking advice on which components are the most likely cause of this noise. I am pretty sure it is coming from the machine itself and not from my headgear or nasal pillows. Thanks in advance. Normally, the machine is very quiet. My prime suspects are the water tank and the tube assembly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 Whooshing Noise
You've probably already checked these, but I'd check the air filter for possible replacement and the snugness of the seals in the water chamber.  It's always good to drop in a spare water chamber and new filter just to briefly rule out those items.  After that, narrow other items by substituting backup components to see if it's a hose or mask issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you figure out the problem? I had a whooshing sound from my new AS10 which started when the bozo from the DME installed the humidifier. It seems to have resolved when I greased the gaskets with Lansinoh, so I guess the seal needed some adjustment
Post Reply Post Reply
My new Aircurve 10 was slightly louder than my old one. When I went to turn it off, my hand accidentally went past the button and landed on the hose port in the back. I noticed that I was feeling air coming out around the hose. Evidently, the seal to the humidifier wasn't making a complete seal. The leak was so small that it didn't show up in the data. This seems to be a weak design point.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,290 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,516 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.