Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 st turning off while sleeping.
Aircurve 10 st turning off while sleeping.
I have had my Aircurve 10 st for a week and have tried the smart start.   With smart start on I’ll wake up not breathing and my aircurve not ventilating. When I take my first breath, aircurve turns back on.     

With smart start off, if I relieve mask pressure than the lowest setting turns on but I must hit the start button to begin respiration to preset levels. 

My obstructive apnea seems to of been cured but, my central apnea’s have gotten worse.     Does my machine have a defect?     Is there a setting to prevent my machine from turning off during central apnea’s?

If I am not breathing does my machine think that  I am no longer using my aircurve 10 st?

I would give anything to sleep properly again.  I cannot explain why the aircurve 10 st would turn itself off until I wake up and take a breath.  

I appreciate all advice and tips for optimal settings.   I bought my machine with no insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 st turning off while sleeping.
Turn OFF the smart start. If the machine does not detect breath it shuts off using that feature.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 st turning off while sleeping.
Also it would be a good idea to post OSCAR to get help. I would add with what you wrote you machine is doing a very good job with your apnea. If it is doing an excellent job with obstructive apnea, it is clearing your blood of more CO2 which is causing your centrals. And the centrals will diminish as your body gets accustomed to the new  therapy. 

Again we are guessing without the OSCAR charts but IF you have EPR set to 3 you could lower it to 1 or turn it off to help with the centrals.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 825 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.