Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit F20 to F30
Airfit F20 to F30
Hi all

Any tips on how to fit the airfit F30 mask properly. I have read through the guide/review of it on here. I have been using the F20 until it started affecting the bridge of my nose to the point where it was infected and I had to use elastoplasts and mask liners and bits of sponge to get it better. It still isn't quite healed but it is getting there. My sleep clinic sent me the F30 to try. It seems okay when I am sitting up although it takes a bit of fiddling to get a good seal, but, lying down (side sleeper) I only seem to be able to breathe out of 1 nostril and I end up switching to the F20 in the middle of the night. 

My stats are all brilliant (thanks to you lot) and I would really like to get used to the F30 if I can, any tips that I can try?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit F20 to F30
For what it's worth, I was at a fitting today and tried the F30, F30i, F20 the DreamWear Full Face and the Fisher & Paykel Vitera. Only the F20 and the Vitera fit me without leaks and it was clear that my face didn't match the others -- we couldn't get a reliable seal under pressure on any of them. I got the F20, but the fitter's comment was that the Vitera was very good for people who have nose bridge pain & sores. I did find it a bit more claustrophobic, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2021, 10:41 AM)Boxermum Wrote: Hi all

Any tips on how to fit the airfit F30 mask properly. I have read through the guide/review of it on here. I have been using the F20 until it started affecting the bridge of my nose to the point where it was infected and I had to use elastoplasts and mask liners and bits of sponge to get it better. It still isn't quite healed but it is getting there. My sleep clinic sent me the F30 to try. It seems okay when I am sitting up although it takes a bit of fiddling to get a good seal, but, lying down (side sleeper) I only seem to be able to breathe out of 1 nostril and I end up switching to the F20 in the middle of the night. 

My stats are all brilliant (thanks to you lot) and I would really like to get used to the F30 if I can, any tips that I can try?

Thanks

Give this a go. https://youtu.be/WTBsvlQG5Og
Simplicity is simple, complexity is complex. Don’t confuse the two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you

Had a look and tried again last night but still couldn't get it right so maybe it is not the mask for me ☹️
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the F30i. It doesn't even go over the nose.  

google these 
or 
look on Supplier #29

ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP Mask
For an oval head. Pointy face

or 

DreamWear Full Face Mask - Philips
For a Round head. Flat or chubby face

I hope you are well.

Sleep-well
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
On mine there seems to be a “flap” (can’t think of a better name) that is under the cradle that comes up on mine with movement. I just use both index fingers at the nostrils and push it back down and after that I’m fine again.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips, I have an Amara view so might try that again. I am in the UK and the clinic have been very good sending out masks to try so I am a bit reluctant to ask for another. They sent me out a F&P simplus too but I don't like the bit up the middle of my face. I will persevere  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm of no help with the F30, I'm sorry. I cannot for the life of me get silicone to seal to my face.

Have you tried the F20 with memory foam. I've had great success with keeping that on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve used the AirFit F30 since it was released and it’s my favorite. It can be difficult to get the fitting right, and even easily get the fit wrong. I’ve seen reports that  said the F30i is easier to get the fit right.

Specifically what I’ve noticed is that the nasal bridge needs to be adjusted firmly below the nose, pressing firmly up so there’s a good seal. Second, the headgear should pull up and back simultaneously cradling the crown of your head and so consistently pulling the mask up and back. Lastly, with higher pressures and a wider pressure range, the mask should be fit to accommodate your highest pressure.

I’m lucky in that my pressures differ by only two, and aren’t towards the top of the range. If you can narrow down your pressure range over time you may have more luck with a mask fitting well.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 06:44 AM)Dawnstar Wrote: I’ve used the AirFit F30 since it was released and it’s my favorite. It can be difficult to get the fitting right, and even easily get the fit wrong. I’ve seen reports that  said the F30i is easier to get the fit right.

Specifically what I’ve noticed is that the nasal bridge needs to be adjusted firmly below the nose, pressing firmly up so there’s a good seal. Second, the headgear should pull up and back simultaneously cradling the crown of your head and so consistently pulling the mask up and back. Lastly, with higher pressures and a wider pressure range, the mask should be fit to accommodate your highest pressure.

I’m lucky in that my pressures differ by only two, and aren’t towards the top of the range. If you can narrow down your pressure range over time you may have more luck with a mask fitting well.

My pressure sometimes goes up to about 15 so  just can't seem to get it right. Tried the Amara and the last 2 nights I have had 8 hours uninterrupted so ligyht stick with that for the time being, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,157 31 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,569 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,130 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.