Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
RE: Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
(02-14-2021, 12:56 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You may consider spraying the tank inside with Flex Seal Clear.  In case you're are wondering (and even if you're not Big Grin), this is from their site, "Flex Seal Liquid Flex Seal Liquid is also completely non-hazardous and food safe".

Up until now my Durable Medical Equipment supplier has replace all the defective tanks under warranty at no cost to me. Should at some point they start charging me I will try your solution.  I was reluctant using anything like this for health reasons but if it's non hazardous and food safe why not try it.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. like
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have been going on 2-1/2 years with no problems on a "light duty" humidifier tub - part number 37299. I bought a backup about a year ago in case this one fails. It is the "Dishwasher Safe" model - part number 37300. I don't recall seeing the one with a part number 37479 back then, but it appears to be a replacement for the 37300.

The 37299 can be found on Amazon and eBay for $16 to $20.
The 37300 can be found on Ebay for $32.
The 37479 can be found on some of the suppliers websites for $33 to $45.

I have to wonder if the 37300 is the one with all the problems and warranted the new replacement 37479 part. But I don't think the 37300 was supplied as the "included" tub. Or maybe it is a problem with ResMed changing vendors of whoever manufacturers them. I seem to see ample reviews on both 37299 and 37300 tubs with bad reviews. Anybody have any experience with the 37479 tubs? Good or bad?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29983]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting thread. I've had my Airsense 10 since September 2020 and no leaks, although I did get a crack in the plastic side panel after 4 months. It didn't leak, but I exchanged for the one off my husband's Resmed 10 since he doesn't use the humidifier. The whole design of this humidifier seems funny to me--hard to clean and dry and the removable top looks like it would be more breakable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the water reservoir to be one of the easiest CPAP parts to clean and maintain. Mine gets emptied and wiped dry each & every morning. 

Only once every two weeks or so, do I find it necessary to put a little vinegar in it to remove any mineral / calcium buildup. 15 min. or so of soaking, it then gets rinsed with water and wiped dry. It's good as new then. 

My mask frame and cushion (ResMed F30) is a piece of cake when it comes to keeping it clean. The hose is about the only thing that I tend to not clean as often. It's not that big of a deal, but it does involve a sink full of hot soapy water and some time.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Are all the various water chamber part numbers known to eventual leak?  Is #374749 the one to get?

I just bought into the Airsense 10 and need to know how to plan around this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2021, 07:14 AM)buddy0329 Wrote: Are all the various water chamber part numbers known to eventual leak?  Is #374749 the one to get?

I just bought into the Airsense 10 and need to know how to plan around this.

I bought #379300 (gray dishwasher safe water chamber) a year ago and have had no chamber leaks at all. Still looks new using distilled water, and I never have put it into the dishwasher. It's a reinforced chamber designed to stand up to the dishwasher.  When I replace this water chamber, I'll probably just use the original unused non-dishwasher safe white version. Medicare will not pay for the #37449 or #379300 chamber. Under the Airsense 10 on the nightstand, I've placed a nice black rubber mat made especially for CPAP machines which should keep an early minor leak from ruining the wood furniture.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started therapy, I went ahead and purchased an extra water reservoir on my own dime. I think it was about $20.00 or so. 

I'm still using the original one that came with my machine. It will be three years in Sept. It still looks like new. I have 4, maybe 5 reservoirs now, thanks to Medicare. I'm well stocked up on all of my equipment. 

I tend to use my supplies until they fail or are noticeably well worn. At the rate I'm going, I'll be able to start my own CPAP supply company in the near future.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Closing in on 3 years with my original 37299 tank with no problems. Still looks like new. Still using distilled water.

Not having a tank that leaks, I'm assuming that those leaky tanks are failing between the metal hot plate and plastic tank. Has anybody experimented with using thin CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue? CA glue (sterile surgical grade) is used surgically. Once cured, it is good up to 350˚F. The thin stuff wicks into the finest of cracks.

If I was going to do this (not recommending anybody do the same)...
  1. I would make sure the tank was free of all skin oils, as the CA vapor when curing will react to those skin oils and make a mess.
  2. Make sure the internal space between the plastic and metal hot plate is completely dry.
  3. I would get the thinnest CA glue available at my local hobby shop - it will wick into the thinnest of spaces.
  4. I would put a small drop on the inside and tilt the tank to let the drop run along the seam - maybe guide it with a toothpick if necessary.
  5. Add more as needed to run the entire seam.
  6. Let cure fully and wash several times until the CA smell is gone.
You can't apply this on the outside of the tank since there are gaps and a hole, presumably for venting.

CA glue takes the shape of a polymer (plastic) resin in its cured form.

Cyanoacrylate Wiki
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I still use the original water tank on my A10 (~7 years). I use distilled water. I rinse and clean the tank from time to time and have a spare as a backup. I guess I'm just lucky.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only issue I've had with mine is when I overfilled it, overflowed onto my side table. Not a fault of the device.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,079 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 154 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 353 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 148 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 187 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,921 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.