Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
RE: Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
I reported previously...I had leaks with one tank on my S9E.

I had bought the cheaper version. DME supplier said that the cheaper version requires distilled water. I was using tap water. I replaced it with the more expensive, dishwasher safe version.

Now I have an S10 "for her" with a humidifier. The original tank was marked, "Distilled water only". I replaced it with a cleanable tank. I use tap water in it with no difficulty. no leaks.

Water quality varies from city to city. I've had to make allowances in boiler water treatment to combat corrosion in major commercial boilers in Brantford Ontario. There was a severe problem there. Boiler makeup water was Brantford City Water.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I see the "cleanable" water reservoir is about $39.00 or so, and is MPN  37479.

The "regular" water reservoir can be had for $22.99, and is MPN  37299. 

Distilled water is recommended in both. Is one actually all that better than the other? I stopped using distilled water long ago, and our tap water is far from perfect. We use purifying water pitchers for use as drinking water. 

I now have plenty of extra water reservoirs, and all are of the regular type. I'm not having any issues or problems at all with mine. 

Even if I do have an occasional bit of mineral deposits or build-up, some white vinegar takes care of that pronto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big guy I have both right here. the non-cleanable one is marked as I said. "Distilled water only."

The cleanable one isn't marked at all. It's a different colour. Darker. Grey? I don't use distilled water.. I use tap water which has fluorine, chlorine and water they choose to put in the city water. I've never had one of these leak. And I only had one of the non-cleanable S9 ones leak.

I've gone this route for years. tap water. Using distilled water is more than an inconvenience--I don't want to go to a grocery store to get water.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
The water chamber that originally came with my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet is stamped "Distilled Water Only". It has the white thumb pad on top of it. 

I couldn't find a part # on it at all, but I believe it to be a "regular" water tank. All of my spare tanks are the same as this one is. 

I'm thinking that ResMed stamped it as to use distilled water only, as an effort to cut back or reduce the possibility of consumer complaints of mineral build-up. 

Anyways, the one(s) I have, have been perfectly fine. I don't see any need to upgrade to a "cleanable tank". I don't feel anything would be accomplished.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy I know it works for you. You give excellent advice.

But water quality is different here. The S10 tank I had that leaked had a puddle under it. I blamed myself. Thought I must have tilted it when putting it in. I looked at the bottom of it. I couldn't see anything wrong. But it got worse. It was about 4 months old. It said ResMed on it; it came with my S10. I've never had that happen before.

I bought the cleanable one from a discount supplier. It was about 1/2 off. Shipping was free. I wasn't about to reward my DME supplier. They sold me my S10 without a heated hose and with the "distilled water only" tank. I bought a heated hose from the same discount supplier immediately. then the cleanable tank. Then a full mask for a nicely discounted price....

My DME supplier didn't make any money from me after the leaky tank.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Money 
There is obviously a manufacturering defect in the water chambers for the  ResMed AirSense 10.  After washing my water chamber, I noticed water between the metal bottom plate and the plastic that covers it.  The tubs seems to leak at the plastic seam near the hole on the bottom of the tub, as others have pointed out.

I notified ResMed of the problem and they offered to replace the tub with a new one - if the tub was still in warranty.  The warranty on the Humidifier water tub is 90 days.  If ResMed had to replace enough the tubs under warranty, maybe they will address the issue.

We should not have to glue the seam on a water chamber for a CPAP device that costs over $1,000 and can potentially damage the machine and/or furniture the machine sits on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am wondering if air leaks out too, and this is the reason I am not getting enough air.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed shuts off if the humidifier is not fully seated. I would think if the tank leaked air the machine won’t run.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
deeleegar - You list a Resmed Elite II (S8) as you CPAP. I think the clock has run out on that model.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the motor is blown in that old S8. S10 will be pretty cheap since the S11 is hitting shelves.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 281 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.