Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself
Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself
Hi All, 

I have an Airsense 11 and use an Airfit F30. I use my CPAP machine while I sleep on my back (first 4 hours of the night). I can't use it on my side (the rest of the night) because (1) I get massive air leaks (tried different masks and all kinds of other ways to stop this, but haven't found anything that works), and (2) I swallow so much air on my side that it is unbearable.  My sleep studies have shown that when I am on my side my AHI is only 2 without a mask so my doctor and I agreed that taking the mask off when I switch to my side is a reasonable accommodation.  

This worked well for a while, but then my Airsense 11 started turning on in the middle of the night and the whooshing noise wakes me up. It would do this several times, so my sleep was completely disrupted. I did the obvious thing and turned off SmartStart, but this did not fix the problem. The machine keeps turning itself on by itself and whoosing loudly and waking me up. I've tried unplugging the device to see if that resets it, but it didn't help. 

Aside from physically unplugging the thing (which wakes me up enough so that it's hard to fall back to sleep) when I turn on my side and remove my mask, does anyone know a solution to this problem?  Is there any other "secret" setting I can use to keep the machine from turning itself on?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself
After shutting off, it will blow at a lower volume for a little while to dry the hose and mask. Is this what you are experiencing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is mostly low volume blowing, but it comes on randomly throughout the night, not just after I take the mask off. 

I thought there was also more robust blowing as well, but now I can't remember if that still happened after I turned off SmartStart. 

Is there any way to prevent it from trying to dry out the tube?
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...turned-off
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting the link to the other discussion. I searched for a pre-existing discussion on the issue but didn't find anything, so thanks for pointing it out to me. 

Looks like there's no solution, though, which is sad to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 82 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 135 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,464 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 vs Airsense 10 Thomas021923 13 354 04-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Thomas021923
  Help Getting Used to the AirSense 10 daleykd 4 143 04-16-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 186 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 139 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.