Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
RE: Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
OK, but what file(s)  represents the machine's internal therapy data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Reformat the SD card, change your timezone, and then reinsert the SD card. Your AS11 will write all the files and directories.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, and just to be clear, when you say "reformat", I interpret that to mean formatting via a Windows reformat process. You typically need to specify Fat32, exFAT, NTFS....
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! Use a FAT32. It should default to it without you doing anything.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
and if for any reason things blow up, is it as simple as copying all the original files back to the sd card and I'm golden again?
Post Reply Post Reply
I also notice that if the card is out it won;t accept a reprogramming of time zone, so do I delete card data, reinsert, then it will accept time zone change?

I assume I need to do this again when daylight saving time ends?

if it all blows up can I just copy all the old card data back to card and I'm good?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 03:38 PM)ScottZZZ Wrote: Yes, there are multiple threads relating that for the 10....  But this thread is about the 11.  

That method DOES NOT APPLY to the 11, as there is no option to change the time.  The only time-related setting on the 11 is the ZONE, and it cannot be changed at all, either direction, any amount -- without erasing data.  

Trust me, I've been through menus with multiple fine-toothed combs.  No time setting.  And I tried a "one-zone" change that didn't violate Noon -- the machine won't allow it.

And here's what Resmed says in the Airsense 11 Clinical Guide about time zone (from page 21):  "The time zone cannot be changed once patient data has been stored on the device.  The patient data will need to be erased before changing the time zone."

Thanks, this worked like a charm. I didn't care at first, with only one hour difference, but when I saw that my Oscar and SleepHQ graphics were not matching and the graphs between CPAP and O2 Ring had one hour difference, then I wanted this fixed...

I had to reformat the SD Card as the machine was throwing an error when re-inserting it... probably related to the references between the old files and the new machine configuration. Anyway, did a quick format and the machine accepted it without issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I might pop in here with a different kind of AirSense 11 time zone problem!

I live in South Australia where we have a weird half hour time zone... normally UTC+0930 and UTC+1030 during daylight saving.

From what I can tell there is no way to properly set the time on the AirSense 11 if you live in an area with a half hour time zone.  

With my new AirSense 11 being made in Australia, it's strange that this wasn't figured out before. From what I read in this thread you cannot change the time zone (including allowing for daylight saving) without clearing all of your sleep data.

This seems like quite an oversight. Is there any way to report a "bug" like this to ResMed?

Mikey.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2023, 05:32 AM)MikeyJayC Wrote: I thought I might pop in here with a different kind of AirSense 11 time zone problem!

I live in South Australia where we have a weird half hour time zone... normally UTC+0930 and UTC+1030 during daylight saving.

From what I can tell there is no way to properly set the time on the AirSense 11 if you live in an area with a half hour time zone.  

With my new AirSense 11 being made in Australia, it's strange that this wasn't figured out before. From what I read in this thread you cannot change the time zone (including allowing for daylight saving) without clearing all of your sleep data.

This seems like quite an oversight. Is there any way to report a "bug" like this to ResMed?

Mikey.

And it's not only half hour timezones.  Some countries have a 3/4 hour timezone (Myanmar [Burma]).  And there are probably others.
Max
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2023, 10:51 AM)BlueSky1958 Wrote: Same machine. Same Issue. So let me confirm the steps:

1) Remove and copy all SD card data to another folder for safekeeping
2) SD card: clear the machine's internal therapy data (name of file? This is on the card right?)
3) changed the time zone (on machine via clinician> settings section)
4) re-insert SD card into machine
5) Re-associate machine with MyAir (is this done by logging back into your myAir account and providing serial number?)
6) Done.

For step 2), that is basically reformatting the SD card (or erasing all the data), while in step 3), you will be clearing the machine's therapy data?
ETA: and step 3 and 4 should be switched?

Should there be an additional step in between 5 and 6, to copy the str.edf file back from your backup to the SD card to restore the session history data?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,658 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 6 121 04-23-2024, 04:39 PM
Last Post: eswagar
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,125 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 102 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 94 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 312 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 182 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.