Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 beeping??
Airsense 11 beeping??
This morning I woke up to very faint beeping sound, best way to describe it is like it was listening to a quiet gurgling fax machine. I know it was the resmed 11 cause as soon as I turned it off it stopped. Is this normal? Anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this? Does yours ever do it?

This thing also blows a big puff of air every morning about 10 or 15 minutes after I shut it off. Very annoying to my wife who's still sleeping. 

The rental 10 I had never did any of this. 

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 beeping??
From the Clinician Manual:
Device blows a small amount of air in order to avoid condensation in the air tubing. it will stop automatically after 30 minutes.

This is normal. The A10 also has the cool down feature.

As far as the beeping sound, I'm not sure. Do you have any of the reminders activated?

If you need a Clinicians manual, order it here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Apneastricken  Only a small amount of air that blows from mine during cooldown.  It's not noisy -- I wouldn't know it's doing that except for the blue snowflake indicator.  

I have SmartStop on.

I just take the mask off, leaving it attached to the tube, and hang it up.  If your mask or tube were partially blocked by a pillow or something, the machine might interpret that as a leak and keep trying to exert pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies guys, yeah so when it shut it off there is a low flow of air with the snowflake on the screen blinking, its kinda a waste if you ask me if it's trying to dry a hose cause the first thing I do when I wake up is remove my water chamber and take it to the bathroom and clean it out so it can dry out all day. The low flow is echoed in the empty chamber area, but that's not the annoying part.... after a while, (I guess it could be 30 mins or so) it just blows "full force" for about 5 seconds then just completely shuts off.

The beeping this morning was the first time I ever heard it do it. It's very hard to describe, It's a garbled low beep that was changing tones like a bad singer which is kinda like a fax machine.

I'll check the menus when I get home and see if any reminders are activated
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I just got home and checked some settings. All reminders were and still are off. There is a device diagnostic that was set to daily. I turned that off and will see if the beeping returns. I'll even time the full motor blowing scenario tomorrow morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't take the tub out until the cooldown has finished.

Good luck finding solutions!
Post Reply Post Reply
I take my tub out immediately if I am using water. I like the cool down if it will remove humidity in the line but with water in the tub, it will not be doing that. You can trigger the Cool Down cycle again by any type of start. I use the Mask Fit so not to mess up any stats. It blows air, cancel the mask fit, and it starts the cool down again now with a dry humidifier chamber.

I don’t use auto-start or stop. You may be triggering that somehow. Like Lucid & OpalRose said, my AirSense 11 puts out so little air that I have to put it to my ear to hear it. It has never triggered full throttle air.

Who knows. That may be related to your beeping also. But mine has never beeped. Are you sure it is the AirSense 11? No cell phone or Fitbit near by that has a battery going dead?
Dont-know
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Morning all, with a busy tight morning schedule for getting ready for work I don't have the option to wait for the 30min cool down cycle to complete before I remove the tub. Sad However, this morning on the weekend I did. I shutoff the unit this morning and it was dead quiet. No beeping, no blowing still and it's been over an hour laying here.

Maybe I can make a deal with my wife that she pulls the tub and cleans it when SHE gets up lol.

My auto start and stops were and still both selected to off, cell phones aren't kept in our bedroom and the fitbit battery is currently at 63%

The only difference this morning is device diagnostics is still off.

I'll update if my beeping returns with these current settings.

Thanks all for inputs.

PS: if anyone is searching cause they have experienced the same problem, and they find this please comment about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still working also, so my morning CPAP routine is less than 4 minutes.
  1.      Pull Humidifier Chamber and pop mask apart and then bring both to bathroom.
  2.      Dump tank and wipe strongly with clean unused wash cloth.
  3.      Few drops of mask soap and squishy massage of mask under running hot water.
  4.      Drop mask in basket by bed. Insert Humidifier Chamber.
  5.      Use menu to start Mask Fit routine. Cover tube and listen for noise if chamber is seated correctly.
  6.      Stop Mask Fit routine and Cool down cycle starts again. So, it blow dries the tank and tubing. I do not wait for that to finish. Why would you?
Huh

I use the same technique when putting in water for the night. The Mask Fit routine checks if the tank is seated correctly. I also do not support statements by some that you have to snap the tank in pretty hard on the 11. I find this better than getting back out of bed when I find out because of noise that it is not completely seated.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I throw my parts in the hurricane dryer on my bathroom counter after I wash them then leave the bedroom so I don't wake up my wife.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,486 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,115 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,408 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.