Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 time recording
Airsense 11 time recording
I recently began using a Resmed Airsense 11. Love this machine, especially since I had been using an old Phillips Respironics System One model for the last 9 years, so this is quite an upgrade.
There is one issue: My sleep doctor recently contacted me and said my compliance hours were short of where they needed to be. 
Last night I used the machine for 7hrs 14 min, according to the display on the machine. However the app (and I’m assuming what the doctor is seeing) says I only used it for 5 hrs 25 min. 
I did remove the mask and stop the machine possibly around that 5:25 time, to get up briefly. When I came back to bed I waited some time to get drowsy again, before putting the mask back on and re-starting the machine.
Could this be the problem? My old machine never gave me a problem with this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 time recording
It seems to have updated now, with the correct time now indicated. Perhaps the data went in two separate blocks?
Post Reply Post Reply
The data is only uploaded to the ResMed servers after you complete your session(s). So yes, you probably had 2 data blocks uploaded at different times.
There have also been occasional reports from users about unusual delays in the data being uploaded. This could be due to server maintenance at ResMed, ISP issues, etc.

Your Dr is likely looking at your compliance over a 30 day period (possibly longer). So in the last 30 days did you use the machine 4 or more hours every night?

You can always use OSCAR to look at the data. It will give you compliance numbers on the Statistics page.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, there were some nights that were less than 4 hours, none lately though. That’s probably what he was referring to.
Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2023, 12:28 PM)danno1202 Wrote: I recently began using a Resmed Airsense 11. Love this machine, especially since I had been using an old Phillips Respironics System One model for the last 9 years, so this is quite an upgrade.
There is one issue: My sleep doctor recently contacted me and said my compliance hours were short of where they needed to be. 
Last night I used the machine for 7hrs 14 min, according to the display on the machine. However the app (and I’m assuming what the doctor is seeing) says I only used it for 5 hrs 25 min. 
I did remove the mask and stop the machine possibly around that 5:25 time, to get up briefly. When I came back to bed I waited some time to get drowsy again, before putting the mask back on and re-starting the machine.
Could this be the problem? My old machine never gave me a problem with this.

Hi,
     I know sometimes it takes awhile for the data to upload into their system and sometimes its in different segments if you turn your machine on and off.  I work overnight and run into this a lot. so my times are all wacked out. I wish Resmed didn't use 12 noon as there cut off. I know you have to use the machine so much per night and so many days. I have missed a few days and haven't always made the 4 hr minimum. But I made sure my Dr. knew my work schedule and they have to work around that.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to put your machine into a different time zone so that it matches how you sleep.

If your work hours mean that you are asleep when it's night in Tahiti and awake when it's day in Tahiti -- set your machine to the Tahiti time zone and don't try to fight it.

(As the song says, "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere".)

Be aware that changing the time zone will completely erase all of the saved data in your machine. Make sure you have a good backup first.

(Really ResMed? WTF? Like no one with sleep apnea ever travels? Or moves? I refer to the ResMed engineers as having the Idiot Savant problem. Sometimes you look at what the machine is doing and you are just amazed at how brilliant it is. Then every so often they do something so bone-headed stupid that you wonder what the heck was going on that they thought that was a good idea!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 163 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.