Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense Noise Levels
Airsense Noise Levels
I'm currently testing an Airsense 10 Auto machine to replace a 4 year old
Dreamstation. It has a lot of nice features but starts producing a higher
pitched noise at times after it's been on for awhile.

I set a phone next to my machine during 'normal' breathing sound operation. Is this pretty normal (youtube sound file uploaded..)?
https://youtu.be/p6mT-GW89Es

My old dreamstation is definitely quieter. I was looking to step into a new Airsense 10 Auto machine after seeing a lot of positive reviews, but am debating the switch now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense Noise Levels
Mine is so quite My wife has to check it’s working
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is so quiet that my wife kept waking me up to make sure I was still breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2021, 08:45 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Mine is so quite My wife has to check it’s working

That's what I want! 
...(the quiet machine)!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your wife checks if you're alive at night? How much are you worth?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like the machine you are testing is a noisy one.  Generally, they should be very quiet.  .  Maybe the unit is a lemon, or it was dropped - but it shouldn't whine or sound like that.  My recommendation is to return that one and evaluate the same model, but a different serial number (different unit).  These sounds usually don't get better with age.  It's also easier to sleep without that sound next to you...
Post Reply Post Reply
Take it back and get another one!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the SoClean 2 attached to my ResMed 10 and it produced a high pitched sound. Just an fyi if you do decide to go that route. Returned Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
This topic just made me realize that I need to get mine exchanged as well. It sounds exactly the same and I thought that this was normal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,600 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.