Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense humidifier leak....:(
RE: Airsense humidifier leak....:(
Good to know this.  Thanks

FWIW Click here for the Wiki link to Medicare replacement guide if you want to see it. I think the majority of healthcare insurances follow similar schedules on replacement CPAP replaceable items like the tub.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2018, 12:45 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Good to know this.  Thanks

FWIW Click here for the Wiki link to Medicare replacement guide if you want to see it. I think the majority of healthcare insurances follow similar schedules on replacement CPAP replaceable items like the tub.

I'm impressed with the link you provided.  It seems like my copy of replacement items from the DME disappears in the maze of paperwork around here.  :Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
credit bonjour and others, I volunteered to assist but meds leave me foggy headed much and not doing what I volunteered for Oh-jeez ...regardless you're very welcome.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Luckily I keep mine on a dish from an old microwave (large and very flat). Last night the humidifier tank gave out and leaked all over. The dish held most of the water. The seal in the S10 humidifier's water chamber is very sensitive to any shock, in my case tapping it on the edge of the sink as I was filling it). The leak is very subtle, a drop every 10 seconds or so, but enough to make a mess under the machine by morning. No way to repair the tub, as I wouldn't want to be breathing silicone glue fumes, so I need to order a replacement. Keep your CPAP on a tray or dish as an insurance policy to prevent it from destroying the finish of your furniture, and check under the machine periodically to ensure the moisture hasn't created any mold - you don't want to be breathing that in!
Post Reply Post Reply
Beware water may leak onto humidifier warming plate under the water chamber and short out a fuse on the warming plate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not unlike the condensate pan of the air handling unit of your AC system your humidifier tank will put water where it isn't supposed to be when you least expect it. A flat pan under the CPAP machine is good insurance especially if you are visiting friends/family and parking the machine on their furniture.  This is also worth considering when CPAP users are visiting you. Water is great in it's place but destructive in the wrong place.
Post Reply Post Reply
When my regular chamber leaked I bought some 2 part epoxy glue meant for plastic.

I let it dry and used toothpicks to glue all the seams. I used it for a couple of years after that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have two ruined nightstands due to the leaking. I have a weekend place I take it to and didn't realize it was the tank leaking. I thought I spilled water at my primary place. I called Resmed before i realized it was the tank and they asked for pictures of the nightstands. They may offer to repair them. So my leaker is the dishwasher unit. Of course i just ordered another one before I found this thread. My original non dishwasher unit has been put back into service with no leaks. I can see a white powder trail where the water is leaking from. It doesn't leak out of the machine. I assume the heat and air expand the joint.
Post Reply Post Reply
To anyone who is seeing leaks: Are you replacing the tank periodically? The rubber gasket does wear out eventually, and the tank is a disposable item that is included in the insurance replacement schedule.

Looking back at an earlier reply, I don't see any point in using glue or anything else (duct tape, heh) to fix a leaking humidifier. Just get a new one. And why inhale adhesive fumes from the glue? Or if it's the machine itself that's at fault (doesn't sound likely, offhand), it should be repaired or replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone
When you don't have ANY leak at all during 24 hours of having water into the humidifier (cleanable) tub out of the CPAP, could it be possible to have a leak just minutes after putting it into the machine and start working? Because that's my case - and this is why I don't know if buying a new one could solve my problem...
My cpap provider tells me it is the Humidifier Chamber Air Outlet that is faulty and needs to be replaced....Could this be happening? I'm so confused-in Europe the humidifier tub is really expensive - over $200
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 6 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 238 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 153 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.