Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense11 - No modem?
Airsense11 - No modem?
Hi,

Just got a new Airsense11 after using the S9 for numerous years. I was quite excited to use this new machine due to the cloud functionality. Read about OSCAR recently so will be setting that up soon. 

Anyways back to the issue. I setup everything through MyAir app, machine is added, had my first few nights with the machine and the machine is not syncing with the Cloud. It has never synced according to my profile page in the App. I've always seen the No connection icon show up on the machine. Bluetooth is connected, so i can confirm its not on Airplane mode. It never appeared as connected.
Read a bit online, trying to figure out why. I entered Clinical Mode, and there are also no Modem Information in the settings. Its just blank. Is this normal? Does this mean my machine didnt come with a Modem?

I opened a support ticket with Resmed this morning. But was wondering if anyone here had this issue before. I did a quick search and didnt find anything.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense11 - No modem?
Hi wils98! - Welcome

Due to the parts shortages, I know the AS10s are now listed as Card-2-Cloud (C2C), meaning no modem. You are the first reporting this with an AS11. I wonder if the lack of parts is starting to affect them too.

Usually, Resmed responds to any inquires with, "Please contact your DME for support".

Please keep us abreast of your findings.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Either your device's modem isn't working, or your location is not close enough to a reliable cell service.

I don't think it's a card-to-cloud issue because I'm not aware that Air11s have C2C and I don't think that C2C devices can be registered with MyAir.

Bring your device to your DME (or other location that you know has reliable cell service) and plug it in to see if, the the cell strength icon appears.
Post Reply Post Reply
wils98,

Take a look at the labels on you machine. Look for the FCC-ID (US) or the IC (Canada) part and see if these numbers are there.

FCC ID:
2ACHL-AIR114G
2ACHL-AIR11M1

IC:
9103A-AIR114G
9103A-AIR11M1

Those those are the cellular models for the S11. 4G is the older tech (still working) and M1 is the latest LTE tech.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the same issue.  I plugged it in in every room of my house and even outside.  But I get no bars on the device.  My phone gets all bars holding it next to the machine.  

Is there a way to boost the cell signal inside my house?

Any other suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
How to link myAir app via Bluetooth to the AirSense 11 CPAP:
Make sure your AirSense 11 device is powered on. For instructions on how to setup and power on your device, refer to the AirSense 11 user guide.
Setup for first-time myAir users:

1. In the myAir app, follow the prompts on the app to create an account.

2. To select your device, tap AirSense 11.

3. Follow the prompts on the app to complete the Bluetooth connection.
Setup for current myAir users:

1. In the myAir app, tap Profile.

2. Tap My equipment.

3. Tap Pair Bluetooth.

4. Follow the prompts on the app to complete the Bluetooth connection.
The AirSense 11 device is now connected to the myAir app. The Bluetooth connection symbol appears on the AirSense 11 device status bar to confirm the connection between the device and the smartphone. Tap Done to finish.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:42 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: wils98,

Take a look at the labels on you machine.  Look for the FCC-ID (US) or the IC (Canada) part and see if these numbers are there.

FCC ID:
2ACHL-AIR114G
2ACHL-AIR11M1

IC:
9103A-AIR114G
9103A-AIR11M1

Those those are the cellular models for the S11.  4G is the older tech (still working) and M1 is the latest LTE tech.

Hi,

Thanks for responding. 

I have the AIR11M1 model.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to get the Bluetooth connection to the machine.  But it isn't connecting to the cellular network to upload the data. Any help with that issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what carrier they use now. At one point it would hook up to any carrier, then it changed to T-mobile for some time. I've seen both ATT an T-mobile on my S10 machine before I put it in airplane mode long ago.

From what I can gather about the LTE technology is that it works great if you are close enough to a tower. If you are far from a tower you may not get a signal on your xPAP. Bring the machine to your DME and ask them to test the cellular modem connection. If the cellular modem is not defective, then it's possible your home may be just outside range of a usable signal for your xPAP.
I would think that it would fall back to 4G if it didn't get a strong enough signal but I have no idea how they have the board setup. Your DME probably has a contact at ResMed they can call and get more info. ResMed usually won't talk directly with end users (us) but the DME should be able to get some answers.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2023, 09:18 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: I'm not sure what carrier they use now.  At one point it would hook up to any carrier, then it changed to T-mobile for some time.  I've seen both ATT an T-mobile on my S10 machine before I put it in airplane mode long ago.

From what I can gather about the LTE technology is that it works great if you are close enough to a tower.  If you are far from a tower you may not get a signal on your xPAP.   Bring the machine to your DME and ask them to test the cellular modem connection.  If the cellular modem is not defective, then it's possible your home may be just outside range of a usable signal for your xPAP.
I would think that it would fall back to 4G if it didn't get a strong enough signal but I have no idea how they have the board setup.   Your DME probably has a contact at ResMed they can call and get more info.  ResMed usually won't talk directly with end users (us) but the DME should be able to get some answers.

I wonder if its because Im in Canada, and I possibly bought a US version with a US carrier. I bought my S11 from a Canadian online supplier, so not sure if there would be a way to look.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,148 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,962 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 300 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 590 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense11 - How to increase humidity BlueSky1958 8 717 10-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 392 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 680 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.