Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alarms on Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS going off at night
Alarms on Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS going off at night
I have a Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS. Last night the alarms for the low minute vent and the low tidal volume continued to go off. Between the two, probably 6-8 times.

Today I feel out of breath and very tired. 

What do those alarms mean and what should I have done differently to stop them from going off?

I didn’t know if my mask wasn’t sealed right but my husband didn’t notice the sound of air leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alarms on Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS going off at night
We should be able to see what's going on using OSCAR. Download the most recent version from the link at the top of the forum, then post some daily detail charts using the Standard and Advanced views from the menu. This will give us a trace of your minute vent and tidal volume, as well as the pressure response from your machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 682 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 409 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Trilogy evo alarms Laurk 6 514 01-05-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  please help my replacement Dreamstation is not working as a BiPAP squeak 13 1,003 07-09-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.