Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alaxo 6" stent and understanding pulse results
Alaxo 6" stent and understanding pulse results
Diagnosed 10/18/19 with 29.5 AHI/hr.; ODI 24.2/hr.; Snore: 17.1

I've ordered the Alaxo 6" stent to assist with elevating oxygen saturation levels. I have palatal prolapse issues. Here are results from O2 ring last night using cpap which I uploaded into OSCAR.  Was wondering if anyone can provide insight into understanding the pulse rate information below.

Average SpO2 %
94.31  (93% for 30.34% of night; 92% for 7.4% of night)
Min SpO2 %
SpO2 Drop (SD) Index
% of time in SpO2 Drop (SD)
37.77%

Average Pulse Rate
Min Pulse Rate
Max Pulse Rate
Pulse Change (PC) Index

Statistics: November 2019 to May 2023
AHI
Obstructive Apnea (OA) Index
Hypopnea (H) Index
Clear Airway (CA) Index
Flow Limitation (FL) Index
RERA (RE) Index

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alaxo 6" stent and understanding pulse results

Here is a screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alaxo 6" stent and understanding pulse results-Clarificaton
Just to clarify my question about the pulse reading - I was wondering if the results are abnormal with a low rate of 34? Last night the reading was a low of 35 but 95% of the time was more normal at 66. Also the 2 day pulse change index is 77.88 so I was wondering if that's abnormal also?

I've read the member SleepyCPAP has had great results with the Alaxo 6" stent for palatal prolapse so I have ordered this.  The O2 ring last night vibrated to wake mw up and the O2 reading was at 86! This is while using CPAP and getting normal AHI readings.  I haven't received it yet and will have to get acclimated to it first before sleeping with it at night with the CPAP machine. I'll post results here if anyone is interested.  

PS-sorry about the duplicate graphs posted yesterday; I tried to edit the post but didn't see the edit button.

Thanks, any input on pulse reading appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's an anomaly and should be ignored. It drops and then is back up If it stayed for a period of time then that is something else.

- Red.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DLEWIS,
I removed the duplicate screenshots.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

Makes sense. Thanks for the reply!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alaxo 6" stent and understanding pulse results-Clarificaton
(05-25-2023, 09:35 AM)DLEWIS Wrote: Just to clarify my question about the pulse reading - I was wondering if the results are abnormal with a low rate of 34? 

There are quite a few arrhythmias that could result in a pause and low pulse rate, some benign, some not.  Consequently, IMO I don't think they can be summarily dismissed.  Given the number of occurrences as well as overall heart variability, wouldn't hurt to add an EKG to your MD visit. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advice. I'll share this information with my doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dlewis, it would be interesting to see respiratory flow with and without the stent. If you have not seen SleepyCPAP's thread on using the AlaxoStent, it may be worth a read for you. The tests he conducted seemed to demonstrate the efficacy of using the stent and recording the data in Oscar was very revealing on the efficacy of the stent. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...AlaxoStent
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much Sleeprider. I've attached 4 minute screenshots from last night showing various events. I used a backpack style side pillow for Cpap to stay positioned on my side and a Dreamwear nasal pillow; I just started tracking O2 with Wellue ring beginning 5/23. Last night's AHI was 1.71. Let me know if there are any other graphs you'd like included or if I should zoom in or out in any of these views.  

Stent hasn't arrived yet so these "before" graphs will be interesting to compare.

Thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 6 85 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,407 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 406 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,493 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,551 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 161 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,959 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.