Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I starting to get Central Apnea
Am I starting to get Central Apnea
I've been on CPap since September 2018 and my life have changed so much for the better.  I never skip a night on m machine as I never want to feel that dreadful tired again. 

My AHI went from diagnosed 51 to 0.2 events at night but I picked up something that I'm not sure if I should be alarmed over.  I'm using the Resmed Autosense 10 and every morning as usual I check my stats for the past night . 3 days ago for the first time there were stats on the Central Apnea digit display,  its always been zero. Does that mean I'm starting to develop Central Apneas or could something else brought this stats about? I still feel good though. Just worried that I might need a BIPAP machine which I really can't afford as I'm still recovering from purchasing the Resmed out of my own pocket.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I starting to get Central Apnea
I would not be worried about central apneas unless it was a trend. Again I'm not a doctor, you should always consult with your sleep doc if concerned!
Post Reply Post Reply
nothing to worry about until/unless the clear airway events persist and increase. maybe 5+ ca events per hour, you should start paying attention. most of us hold our breath when changing positions so something as benign as rolling over can cause a flagged ca or two per night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine come and go.  I have concluded, looking at when they happen, and at their duration (hovering your cursor over the coloured vertical indicators shows how long they last), that many of mine, most of them, are spurious or related to turning in my sleep.  I have found that few of mine exceed 14 seconds, and that most show a flat 10 seconds consistently when they do appear.  To me, that means they're bogus, innocuous, or merely reflective of my holding my breath as a turn over.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 72 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 78 Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 103 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 894 Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,672 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,578 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.