Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I understanding flatulence could be in my future?
Am I understanding flatulence could be in my future?
I've seen a few posts referencing CPAP-induced gas-passing. Is this for real? If so, what's the cure?

(I'm preparing for CPAP machine D-Day.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I understanding flatulence could be in my future?
It's real and farting is the solution.

However, this may be a reason to bring back international crepitation championships - does anyone besides me recall the mano-a-mano contest between Lord Winderschmere and Paul Boomer which ended in Boomer  DQed for plotching?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2017, 08:24 PM)TASmart Wrote: It's real and farting is the solution.

However, this may be a reason to bring back international crepitation championships - does anyone besides me recall the mano-a-mano contest between Lord Winderschmere and Paul Boomer which ended in Boomer  DQed for plotching?

The diversity of knowledge on this forum never ceases to amaze me.   Oh-jeez
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had lots of air swallowing at first, pretty much flowing in and vast quantities straight out. Unsure 

Good ol' SleepyHead revealed the culprit: the first two nights were done on a PS (pressure support) setting of 5, when the Rx called for 4. Someone corrected the error and night three began the misery where I wished it was coming out the other end - distended abdomen, pain, belching - Gas-X to the rescue (helped, but was still pretty miserable).

Doc's solution was for me to sleep on my back. Which worked. No air swallowing. Oh look! AHI quadrupled. Who'da guessed that would happen? Doc reduced settings from 5-20 to 4-10 which further reduced the gas problems. Gas-X able to take care of the rest.

At PS 3, I have no problem.

Hopefully you will be setup on workable settings from the start. My daughter was - setup on something reasonable; after a few days doc tweaked it a bit and again a couple of weeks later. No problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually it was Lord Winderschmere who was DQed in that historic event.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2017, 08:24 PM)TASmart Wrote: It's real and farting is the solution.

Oh, goodee.....

I was going to add a Knock Knock joke that I learned when I was about 10, but decided against it, since only a 5 year-old from the UK might think it was, so to speak, LMAO.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't eat Mexican.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never turn your back towards your machine.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2017, 10:01 PM)JesseLee Wrote: Never turn your back towards your machine.

That probably would be an awkward sleep position, so yeah avoid it for that reason.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Purchase a copy of Benjamin Franklin's, "Fart Proudly".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 153 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 210 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,933 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 591 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 889 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 382 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 900 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.