Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
(03-12-2021, 06:09 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: What I'd suggest for now is edit settings and see what happens to the purple CA flags. I don't recall if Ramp is on, but if it is nix it. Also turn off the EPR. Call the doc's office and request your sleep study detailed report and see if you can attach the reacted files here. At an absolute minimum to ID the Central component is the event type and count. You're looking to see if CA made 50% or more. If yes you're CA are pre-existing. This indicates ASV.

To be clear, cut off Ramp and EPR and check OSCAR overnight. Post it tomorrow. Call the doc and demand your report and make an urgent care visit with this same doc that scripted PAP. You need to tell all your symptoms including CA.

Thanks, Dave. Ramp was off, and I just turned EPR off. I already have my reports, both the Full Night Polysomnogram and the Titration Study, but they both exceed the maximum size for attachments even when zipped. The Polysomnogram chart for Respiratory Events shows more obstructive apnea events than central apnra events, but the same chart on on the Tritration Study shows way more central apnea events than obstructive apnea events. So go figure. I will keep putting my SD into Oscar and taking the screenshots.

To think, ten days ago, I would not have had a clue about what ANY of this meant...
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
OK for now, find the page that has the event stats with event names and counts. It may be a chart or table. CA were x, mixed were x, and so on. Post that and review the write-up and see if any mention of CA were there.

I'm going to my thread to see if I can copy out what I mean and if I can I'll add it below.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my sample of what I'm looking for in the diagnostic.

[attachment=30766]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: SarcasticDave94 pid='387233' dateline='1615590576'][attachment=30768]What I'd suggest for now is edit settings and see what happens to the purple CA flags. I don't recall if Ramp is on, but if it is nix it. Also turn off the EPR. Call the doc's office and request your sleep study detailed report and see if you can attach the reacted files here. At an absolute minimum to ID the Central component is the event type and count. You're looking to see if CA made 50% or more. If yes you're CA are pre-existing. This indicates ASV.

To be clear, cut off Ramp and EPR and check OSCAR overnight. Post it tomorrow. Call the doc and demand your report and make an urgent care visit with this same doc that scripted PAP. You need to tell all your symptoms including CA.

Ramp was already off, but I just turned EPR off. I already had my full reports, and scans are attached. Third time was the charm to get a file size small enough to attach, there is of course a trade-off between file size and legibility.

Attached Files
.pdf   Anderson Titration Study 2-18-21.pdf (Size: 621.65 KB / Downloads: 12)
.pdf   Anderson Full Nigh Polysomnogram 1-31-21.pdf (Size: 584.11 KB / Downloads: 9)
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll repost a screenshot. You had 3 Obstructive, 0 mixed, 11 Central. Ok sorry I had the 2 reports backwards. Still looking

[attachment=30771]
Post Reply Post Reply
Diagnostic study, 33 Obstructive, 0 mixed, 8 Central, but also very high Hypopnoea at 305, yes three hundred five. The issue is Hypopnoea are not counted as whether they're Obstructive or Central based.

PLM were present at 29, 6 of these were arousal causing,
7 RERA, 267 arousals with 153 respiratory related,
Oxygen drop was noted, below 88% 155.8 minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is today's screenshot for last night's data. It appears the events were almost all Central apneas. Also, the events per hour has been creeping up, Tuesday 5.7, Wednesday 8.8, Thursday 19.3. Friday back down to 15.2. Not sure what is affecting events per hour, any ideas?

FWIW last night I switched from a full face mask to a nasal pillow mask but forgot to change the machine settings, which I just did a few minutes ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
anderson5420, I see in Dave's post above that your sleep study noted plm. you can search this site for plm or my username for more than you want to read about this. also, I just finished a post that you might look at here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid387329

most complain about waking once in a night. 6 arousals from any cause (not to mention the disturbing micro arousals they don't seem to count) will leave anyone unrefreshed in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2021, 08:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Diagnostic study, 33 Obstructive, 0 mixed, 8 Central, but also very high Hypopnoea at 305, yes three hundred five. The issue is Hypopnoea are not counted as whether they're Obstructive or Central based.

PLM were present at 29, 6 of these were arousal causing,
7 RERA, 267 arousals with 153 respiratory related,
Oxygen drop was noted, below 88% 155.8 minutes
The oxygen issue is what got me referred for the sleep study in the first place! I had a total knee replacement on November 2nd. The oximeter alarm kept going off while I was in the hospital the next few days. They did not want to discharge me until they figured that out. Finally, my surgeon suggested (at my urging) the he would prescribe a home oxygen concentrator, which he did. I had that (and hated the canula). When we were discussing scheduling the second knee replacement (bilateral bone on bone arthritis), he said he would not do that operation until I had a sleep study. So that is how I got here from there.

The PLMs were possibly a result of the pain in my surgical knee. It still hurts more than it should, and I shift position a lot to find where it is least painful, at least when i am awake or drowsing, I don't know when I am asleep of course.

Thanks for your continued advice, I really appreciate it!
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Pat do you wear glasses?  If so check out [Image Containing a Commercial Website or URL Removed] Search for Oxyview
I own them and they are great, no more cannula!!!

-----
Moderator Action: Image Containing a Commercial Website or URL Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial images or links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 74 5 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,278 Today, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 253 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 110 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 386 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 111 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.