Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
I have copied and pasted this post into a text document in the CPAP folder on my computer's SD card. Thanks.
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
Our Wiki offers an extensive list of acronyms we use http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Acronyms
These terms are also defined in the Glossary of Terms http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Definitions
Many subjects are further discussed in detail in the wiki articles you can find by searching the wiki. It's right at the top of the page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2021, 10:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Our Wiki offers an extensive list of acronyms we use http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Acronyms
These terms are also defined in the Glossary of Terms http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Definitions
Many subjects are further discussed in detail in the wiki articles you can find by searching the wiki.  It's right at the top of the page.

Thanks, helpful!

BTW, the link in the Wiki to the University of Chicago page leads to a "page not found" error.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Deleted the link.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Today's OSCAR data from last night - both the graphs and the statistics page. Again, the graph shows all CA event flags and no OA event flags. And the statistics page shows an OA index of 0.12 and a Clear Airway index of 7.25. Am I mistaken in thinking that a Clear Airway index is equivalent to Central Apnea event index? Are we all convinced now that my diagnosis of Obstructive Apnea was in error, or do we need more evidence?

So a question occurs: what settings can I change on the Airsense 10 Autoset in the meantime to maximize what it can do for CA, if any?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
You had a single OA event flagged just before 2:30.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2021, 01:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You had a single OA event flagged just before 2:30.

You are correct, hard to see and I guess I missed it. Does that change anything, and what are your thoughts on my questions if you would care to share?
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yippie the purple flags of CA. Yes CA = Clear Airway to the PAP and Central Apnea as the medical term. The historical side shows you've had some elevated CA for a bit. And the AutoSet can be set to avoid CA sometimes, but never can it treat them. Typically the BPAP/bilevel like a VAuto will probably make them go even higher, as in the wrong way. I'll have to look back over the thread to see if we discussed the results from the diagnostic sleep study. As I see it, CA are and have been an issue. The only real fix for CA that will not be avoidable is the ASV.

Attempts to avoid as applicable, CPAP/APAP like AutoSet is to reduce pressure swings as I call it, and that includes No Ramp and no EPR. I know you're already there on settings though. Historical says your CA have been 7.25-10.x during PAP treatment so the avoidance method isn't doing so well. Now it appears most of this thread has been about high CA and the possibility of the ASV.

So back to the diagnostic and titration, both had CA. We must note that CA are consistently inconsistent. A one night sleep study is one sample only and may be a night where CA choose to be lower. And for you the titration was a night they chose to be higher.

My take is bottom line the AutoSet is taking care of everything but CA. This is expected as nothing but ASV treats CA. Unless I'm missing something, CA are currently the only apnea problem and only the ASV takes this case from untreated to treated.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You asked, what can I do to optimize for CA? Dave's answer is pretty accurate, that CPAP does not treat CA events and they will be consistently inconsistent. My only suggestion is to set minimum pressure at 12.0 and maximum pressure at 12.0 to get fixed pressure. That seems to help with CA events for many people. It removes some variables in assessing your PAP therapy. You are looking into movement as a potential root cause, and that may be helpful. In the long run, the only therapy that treats CA is adaptive servo ventilation (ASV). You should contact your doctor informing him that your AHI is unsatisfactory,and describe your symptoms, then request a titration that includes bilevel and ASV to find out what will work for the rest of your life so you don't have to keep dealing with the high AHI and breathing apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree, the fixed pressure Sleeprider is suggesting is about the only thing left to try. Look at the CA as major QRM and/or QRN and you need to implement the right action to rid yourself of it.

If you're up to it try the fixed 12 and post the OSCAR. Even if you do try it, get your apnea logbook out and keep writing in the current symptoms and complaints on the apnea treatment successes and failures. Make doc aware of this issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 217 42 minutes ago
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 181 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 106 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 384 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,241 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 108 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 187 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.