Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
RE: Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
In the hope of it shining some more light for folk on the OSCAR development team, on the ongoing issue of OSCAR consistently picking up data 24 hours late from my DV64 machine, today their has been a small 'aberration' from what has become the norm.

Last night, for the first time since I initially noticed & reported this problem (following the installation of OSCAR 1.4.0), I needed to get up to go to the bathroom during the night, at 4:30am 

This morning when uploading data from the SD card to OSCAR, instead of it uploading only the data for the night before last it also uploaded the data for last night!

HOWEVER, the data it uploaded from last night only runs until 4:30am, when I switched off the CPAP to go to the loo. No data shown for when I returned to bed & switched the CPAP back on. OSCAR shows only a single 'Session' instead of two sessions as it should. 

I'm hoping I may get the missing data, (24 hours late), when I upload again tomorrow morning. 

I uploaded my 02 ring data (from O2 Insight Pro) which shows the entire night's reading.

I'm still thinking the issue is a DV64 specific 'bug' in OSCAR 1.4.0  (because it didn't exist in 1.3).  

Cuppa

Post Reply Post Reply
This afternoon (7th Dec) I uploaded from my SD card & Oscar found the missing data from the second session on the night of the 5th, but not the data for the 6th.

Is anyone reading this or has this been placed in the too hard basket?
Post Reply Post Reply
More weirdness, but perhaps in a good way. 

Moments after I made the post above I replaced the SD card into the CPAP machine as usual, remembering to change the locked card to unlocked. 

When I did so, the machine did not give it's usual message of  'Card detected. Ready for use" . Instead there was a short wait & then the message 'Transfer complete' came up. 

Thinking it a little 'out of character' I removed the card & gave OSCAR another look at it. Amazingly it found last night's data!
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like, for some reason, your machine is delaying writing the data to the SD card. How long do you wait until you take the SD card out of the machine to use with OSCAR?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking along the same lines as Jeff's post above.  Also, is there a low-power setting on your CPAP? If so, could you be inadvertently activating it?  My question is based on the Resmed models.  The low-power mode shuts down the SD card from reading or writing.

Hope you find a resolution.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had a similar situation once. Oscar did not show data for the next day when the sleep had continued past 12:00. Cpap device is ResMed Airsense 11. Oscar version maybe 1.4.0. I don't remember exactly anymore.

I thought at the time that it was probably a bug in the program. I was tired couldn't bring myself to start writing a report to the Apnea Board.

I'm telling you this now that this felt like a similar situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Red & Jeff

The wait time has varied, but at any time during the day. Generally a minimum of an hour after I wake & switch the machine off in the morning, commonly not until late morning or afternoon. All have the same result - the day's delay.

It would be interesting to check the delayed writing. GuyScharfe who I sent the SD card copy he asked for could presumably check that?

However it only first became apparent within the first few days of installing OSCAR 1.4.0. Coincidence possibly, but it is 'new' behaviour.

Last night, I had my mask on for 13 minutes & then switched off the machine, switching it back on a short time later, at around 8:30pm. This morning being keen to see if I would get last night's reading & checked the card early at around 8am. It only showed the 13 minute session, not the rest of the night. Checking again later this afternoon there was no further update, but I expect tomorrow morning I will get the rest of last night's data.

There is no low power setting as you describe with the ResMed machines Red.

Thanks Unidee, I think we've covered all the time difference possibilities, but nothing we could find.
Post Reply Post Reply
This has me curious...

What would happen if you waited an hour after you woke up, took out the SD card and waited 5 minutes. Put the SD card back in and see if it writes the session as we think it should.

Or maybe take the SD card out after therapy and wait till the afternoon and put it back into the machine to see if it writes anything.

I sure does sound like it's storing it in a cache and waiting to write at a future time.

Have you ever tried rebooting the xPAP? unplug the machine and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then plug it back in. Stranger things have happened....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give that a try tomorrow morning Jeff. 

Last night. Switched on CPAP. 
Needed something on other side of room & fetched it. Turning of CPAP to do so.
It had been on for 17 seconds. 
This morning, about 4 hours after I had finished with CPAP, I removed SD card & transferred CPAP data to OSCAR
It 'caught up' with the time it had 'missed' from the previous night & only got one 'session' for last night - the 17 seconds. The rest of the night's use will no doubt show up tomorrow. 

I switched power off to CPAP after I had replaced the the SD card (& machine had recognised it - 'Card detected -Ready for Use')  - left it for 5 minutes, removed SD card & showed it to OSCAR again. No further data was found.  I'll try it again tomorrow morning as you suggest ie. before I have retrieved any data.

I can certainly understand why you are thinking as you are, but don't forget that a friend also has an identical machine which is behaving the same with OSCAR 1.4 & this had not been an issue before 1.4 - kind'a muddies the waters eh? 

Post Reply Post Reply
11th December

Hi Jeff, have tried as you suggested.
1. Removed card from CPAP - several hours after waking.
2. Reinserted card into CPAP after 5 minutes - No message about transferring data - Just the usual 'Card detected -ready for use'
3 Removed card again & transferred data to OSCAR - As expected it got the missing data (2nd session) from 9th December, but nothing from last night.
4 Replaced card into CPAP - 'Card detected -Ready for use -ie. no further transfer of data to card.
5. Double -checked - removed card & showed it to OSCAR again. No further data found.

Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 77 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 95 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 931 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 276 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 254 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 909 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 251 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.