Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
Three days ago I installed a new SD card into my machine  after seeking advice on this forum re patchy /missing historical data.

The machine (Devilbiss DV64) is recording ok on the new SD card, but there is a strange anomaly. 

Normally, in the past, I could wake in the morning, transfer data from SD card to OSCAR (1.3) & read the data on OSCAR for the night just passed. 

I can no longer do this. 

I can get the data, but not until I have had a further night's sleep. This problem is occurring since I changed to OSCAR 1.4 a few days ago.

Example:  
On night of 17th Nov (first night of new SD card)  when checked on 18th Nov OSCAR reported 'Nothing's Here No data is available for this date.

After another nights sleep on 18th Nov, on the morning of 19th Nov the data for 17th showed up on OSCAR, but for the 18th. 'Nothing's here - no data for this date'

This morning 20th Nov the data for the 18th Nov showed up in OSCAR, but as previously for last night (19th) - 'Nothing's here - no data available for this date'. 

To add a slight degree of further oddness, on 17th Nov I went to bed, but got up after 20 minutes for a short time before returning & switching CPAP machine back on. Next morning (18th) OSCAR got the 20 minutes of data, but the rest of the night was missing  ......... until the morning of the 19th. 

This all seems very odd, one would think if the data is there - it's there, but OSCAR is unable to recognise it until at least 24 hours later after another nights recording has passed.  

Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone think of a logical explanation for what to me seems to be somewhat bizarre? 
Could it be anything to do with a timezone setting in OSCAR? (I am in Australia)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
It is acting like the CPAP's clock is set forward one day. Being unfamiliar with your machine's brand, is this a settable parameter?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that is exactly as it appears , but no, I can only set clock time, not days or date. (No different in user or clinician settings).
Post Reply Post Reply
Another post - edit time had run out for my response to Red above. 

I found the timezone setting in OSCAR in My Profile. It is correctly set to Brisbane time (GMT +10). 

In 'My Profile' it shows last import as today 20th Nov. 

But on the Welcome page it says last use on 18th   - which corresponds with the data I see as described in OP

I still have the copy of OSCAR 1.3 on my laptop, & thought perhaps it might be worth a try to to revert back to it, but the following pop up message dissuaded me from that course of action. If you think it sounds worth a try to switch back is it possible to do this without risking historical data loss, bearing in mind I have just 3 or 4 nights of data on the new SD card & the old original SD card is potentially corrupted.    

I also found the 'Service Manual' for the DV64 online, in the hope of there being info about setting/resetting the date on the machine not referenced in the "User Manual' or 'Clinician Manual'  but no luck. 

Link here to Service (repair) manual - It doesn't appear to be in the forum manuals section for downloading, perhaps someone could add it for others future use, before it disappears from the Devilbiss website, if considered appropriate ?  

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items or clinician/setup/service manuals are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the clock set for 12hour or 24 hour time?

If it's 12 hour double check if it is correct AM/PM. It might be 12 hours ahead.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff, it was worth a look. Would have been an easy fix. 

It is on 12 hour & is correct.

The only recent changes, both made on the same day 16th November, were that I installed a new SD card & updated to OSCAR 1.4. No settings on the CPAP have been changed for several years. 

The 'delayed' data issue as described  in my OP were first noticed the following morning when I got 10 minutes of data only, & then the next day after that got the rest of that nights missing data & so on & so forth. 

The history I communicated in a different thread. The SD card change was tried in case the historical data which was was partially missing (some charts filled, some empty for months, including Flow Rate) + no data for periods of months too (& which I had discovered on 16th November when I had looked for the first time in ages & uploaded over a years worth of data to OSCAR1.3  in one hit) , was due to a possibility of the original SD card having been corrupted. 

However from 28th October until I changed SD cards & updated OSCAR on 16th November all data was present as it should be. Prior to 26th October multiple charts were missing, not blank, missing. On 27th October all charts were again present but with missing info (see screenshot) 

I have no idea if any of this could be related to the delay problem since 17th November - seems unlikely to me but I have included the above to give as full info as I can. So since 28th October full info for every day, but with the day's 'delay.' noticed only since the OSCAR update & change of SD Card.

FWIW This is the chart from 27th October which preceded a return to full info the following day & since.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Another thought. How old is the DV64? Do you unplug it?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Red, the machine is almost 6 years old & no it doesn't get unplugged.

I do however have some interesting & relevant news.

Yesterday I contacted a good friend whose wife uses the same model Devilbiss DV64 CPAP machine (purchased on my recommendation in 2018) & asked whether he experienced a delay when uploading to OSCAR. His response was 'What is OSCAR?"  I explained & he told me he hadn't looked at his wife's data since he had tried back in 2018 with Sleepyhead. 

So yesterday 20th November he downloaded OSCAR 1.4 & checked out his wife's data. He got everything successfully from Monday the 18th June  2018 through to Friday 18th November 2022 . And the welcome page saying  "The last time you used your Devilbiss Blue StandardPlus was 1 day ago (on Friday, 18 November 2022)" . ie. the very same issue I have been experiencing! 

I have asked him to upload to OSCAR again today to double check, but am expecting he will, on the 21st November,  only get data up to 19th November.  

We both know when downloading in the past to Sleepyhead that this delay was not present, & I know it wasn't present in OSCAR 1.3. 

I will post again with his report when I hear back from him today, but if he confirms the 'delay' for a second time it points to the issue being a  'bug' in OSCAR 1.4  possibly specific to the Devilbiss DV64 & suggests there is nothing wrong with my machine.

Added a bit later: Have just uploaded from my SD Card this morning (21st). Prior to doing so welcome page said Machine last used on 18th - 2 days ago (the 18th was 3 days ago) & the upload brought me up to the 19th. The delay remains consistent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have just heard back from my friend. His upload from the SD card out of his wife's Devilbiss DV64 today (21st November) uploads data only to 19th November , as I thought it might. 

So:
1. Two identical machines both doing the same thing

2. Both having data uploaded to recently downloaded OSCAR 1.4

3. No clock issues on either machine

4. No international server time issues as all data is local & off line

5 . Data which downloads with 24 hour delay appears to be correct & all there. Note: 24 hour is not a necessarily the precise length of delay. What is certain is that latest nightly data can only be accessed by OSCAR after another night has passed. 

6. On both machines the date in the user profile for last download is CORRECT, but the info on the Welcome page contradicts this & says the CPAP was last used 1 day ago, but gives the date as 2 days ago. 

Eg. today (21st Nov) it says "Last time you used your Devilbiss Blue StandardPlus was one day ago on 19th November” - in the daily data page data from 19th is present , but for 20th Nov it says "Nothing's here' - same on both machines. 

Logically I cannot think of any other explanation other than it has to be something to do with OSCAR 1.4, possibly specific to Devilbiss DV64 machines. 

Is it known whether there are other DV64 user users who visit the forum regularly who could be consulted as to whether they too experience this issue?

I am hoping that the development team may be able to take a look at this, as I have another new DV64 waiting in the wings for when my current one dies ,so expect to be using a DV64 for at least the next 6 to 10 years. I have also just purchased one of those great little O2 ring blood oximeters & am keen to input it's nightly readings into OSCAR as well, but am holding off as I'm worried this time anomaly may make it too difficult.

Could the long serving & hard working & much appreciated development team comment on what may or may not be possible in regard to what appears to be a bug please?  

I really am very thankful that after years of keeping my fingers crossed that OSCAR was eventually able to support these machines as promised. They are great machines, especially for travellers like us where 'native 12v power usage' & low power requirements of the 'pulse-dose humidification are huge benefits on limited RV solar power /battery systems. Nothing else comes close. The biggest downside was always the clunky & poor monitoring software from Devilbiss. OSCAR changed that. 

Thanks
Cuppa
Post Reply Post Reply
Cuppa - Was this DV64 purchased locally and not from a U.S. vendor? What happens if you set your PC's clock ahead 1 day prior to running OSCAR?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 86 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.