Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone on a fixed 20cms CPAP?
RE: Anyone on a fixed 20cms CPAP?
My PCP does all my prescriptions. In fact I write what I need and he has them transcribed as a prescription. In this case the PCP can listen to your history and discuss the therapy with you. Upon finding you are using CPAP at 20 cm, which is the maximum capacity of the machine, and determining you are uncomfortable with this therapy or do not achieve optimal efficacy with a fixed pressure CPAP limited to 20 cm H2O, he can recommend that you use BiPAP or bilevel. A prescription would be:
"Auto bilevel positive air pressure without backup rate (Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto) HCCPS E4070 automatic mode at IPAP max 25 cm, EPAP min 16.0 cm, PS 4.0 cm. Dispense as written Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto."
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 147 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Bipap Pressure Support - Dynamic or Fixed microvax 6 885 02-19-2023, 04:56 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Benefits of Fixed Pressure?? Brazen 12 1,378 11-19-2022, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  What is the maximum pressure for the AirCurve 10 V Auto and AirCurve 10 S (fixed pres KeepSmiling 3 628 10-31-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.