Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone running SleepyHead on Mac?
Grin 
RE: Anyone running SleepyHead on Mac?
Good to know the stability is good. With a lot of pre-release software, you just never know what you're getting. So far after a week of use I'm impressed with it.

As to the Mac, of course you are correct, I should have said a unix type system instead of Linux. The origin is of FreeBSD as you state. Certainly one of the most closed software bases historically. I am reading and trying to come up to speed on Mac as quickly as possible. I believe I read that prior to Yosemite, maybe the one before it, X11 was removed from the OS. Although, I read it can all be reinstalled. I was looking at trying to install a particular program, from Linux world, in the Mac and it gave a pathway to reinstalling X11 and some other things that would restore the environment to allow running the program.

As to the Mac Air in general, I think I like it. It is starting to grow on me I think. Still getting used to the keyboard. The GUI is certainly pretty and as always it's just a matter of getting used to a different way of doing things. My son, who's a Cisco/IT guy, said get something called Cheatsheet to try to learn the hotkey combos.

I'll get there. Just a matter of time.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Tyroneshoes,
Being a Mac guy, what would you recommend as a virtualization option for running those few pesky Windoze apps?
I used VirtualBox in Ubuntu quite well. Also heard of Fusion and Parallels. Any opinion on these or other options for a Mac Air?

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2015, 01:54 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Or try learning Widows 7 after years on XP; there is more difference between those two than between Windows and Mac. B

Gosh, I had no trouble at all with that transition. It was quite a bit harder to learn the new Word menu interface, but in the end I found it was better than the old drop down menus.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2015, 07:25 AM)SailingAway Wrote: Tyroneshoes,
Being a Mac guy, what would you recommend as a virtualization option for running those few pesky Windoze apps?
I used VirtualBox in Ubuntu quite well. Also heard of Fusion and Parallels. Any opinion on these or other options for a Mac Air?

I have used all three of those applications. VirtualBox is free so that's what I would recommend. May depend on the Windows apps you need to run.
Support Windows and Macs by day, use Mac by choice at night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Spo2 Assistant to connect to a CMS50F Pulse Oximeter running on a Silicon Mac darral.freund 1 1,124 03-26-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Running 2 Oscar on same computer DanEm 8 723 01-20-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  Finally Got OSCAR Installed and Running! anderson5420 0 538 03-10-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: anderson5420
  ResScan 5.9 Running Problem Toby Tam 1 679 10-13-2020, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad Oscar kills the Ubuntu VM it is running in [solved: bug in VirtualBox, not OSCAR] fredex 1 1,231 12-16-2019, 08:47 PM
Last Post: fredex
  resScan 6.0.0.9799 [problem running on VM] grego1234 6 2,180 01-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  sleepyhead running on dell insiron 620/ microsoft 10 velpen 2 1,221 08-15-2016, 03:39 PM
Last Post: natyprueba

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.