Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone used a Sefam S.Box machine?
RE: Anyone used a Sefam S.Box machine?
Congrats on getting the Autoset. Do you notice a comfort difference with it? Your low AHI is not unusual for effectively treated obstructive sleep apnea. Good to hear things are working out well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, there was a big difference in noise level. In fact I can barely notice the Resmed machine noise. Now I just need to get to sleep for longer. This 4 to 5 hour sleep is bad! Do you have any links that can help? Thanks again!

Keith R
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the optimizing therapy link in my signature. If you post a graph from OSCAR we might be able to see any issues that are cutting your therapy time short.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll read what you recommend. In the meantime here are two charts from last night. The 2nd chart shows a zoomed in section where the two events appear. Do you need a closer look at them?

Keith R

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 09:59 AM)KeithR Wrote: Thanks, I'll read what you recommend. In the meantime here are two charts from last night. The 2nd chart shows a zoomed in section where the two events appear. Do you need a closer look at them?

Keith R

If these were my graphs I would raise the minimum pressure to 6 as 4 can seem like not providing enough air and will smooth out the pressure line somewhat.

That setting will reduce the few events even further. Other than that looks a pretty good night
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much, I'll try that and see what happens. I was actually tested in April but battled with my medical aid insurance and then I went on other's advice and bought the Sefam DreamStar. This is why it's taken a bit long. When I was tested I had 26 obstructive apnea events per hour, so I don't know why I'm doing this well. I guess the machine is doing it's job!
Post Reply Post Reply
I adjusted the low pressure to 6 and I've attached the chart again. I only managed just under 4 hours and then woke up. I then removed the mask to get up and do what most old men do............  Smile Then I thought that I would wait a bit, get dozy and stick the mask back on, but I dozed off and went back to sleep without the mask.

I'm starting to understand what I'm looking at in the OSCAR charts. It's really interesting. This time I had two new events and both were Clear Airway events. It also looks like a need to secure my mask a little better. I would actually like to get myself a nasal pillow type now, something like the F&P Brevia. I think that I could handle that a little better.

I also changed my ramp time from 5 to 20 minutes. I battle with phlegm for the last few years so I don't get to sleep easily. You can see that on the chart squiggles when it starts. I could possibly reduce the ramp time to 10 minutes. It's interesting that my breathing seems to be nice and steady for about an hour and then everything changes. I would also love to know why I wake up suddenly most nights after 3 to 4 hours?? I guess that I'll just have to be patient and plug on with this setup.

Keith R

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 02:05 AM)KeithR Wrote: I've had two nights with it now and the first night I managed 4 hours with the * nasal mask and the were zero apnea events. Last night I managed 5 hours with one event of 5 seconds. I was diagnosed with an AHI of 16 in April, so I don't know why I'm having so few events?? The clinician said that I have moderate OSA.
Keith R

An AHI of 16 was your “untreated” apnea number. Your having “few” events now because that is your “treated” AHI number. In other words, the machine is doing its job.

You may be waking up if you notice your mask leaking.
Your leaks aren’t bad that they would affect therapy, but mask leaks can be annoying and affect sleep.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose, Hmmm......I see that I said my diagnosed AHI was 16..........it was 26, so the machine is indeed doing its job. I'll try to secure the mask a little better tonight and see how it goes.

Keith R
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect you are occasionally exhaling through your mouth. Not a big deal, but the "expiratory puff" is an indication you are losing expiratory pressure even in the absence of leaks. I think you should turn ramp off. Your current AHI is excellent, but I would not mind seeing a close up (2-minutes) of the flow rate at about 01:30
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,243 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubting my Sefam S.Box Irish2024 1 344 01-06-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: dbcpap
  [Equipment] Philips Dreamstation 1 vs Sefam S.Box (S Box, SBox) dbcpap 6 1,410 12-01-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: DrJelly
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,211 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First night on Sefam S.box Rebdr 13 806 10-25-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,720 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  Sefam S.Box issues Danmason 17 2,863 05-31-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.