Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015]
RE: SleepyHead Software - Beginner's Guide, Questions, Answers & Discussion
(07-18-2014, 06:00 PM)woozie38 Wrote:
Quote:The Clock Drift setting will stay at -3600 and be applied to all days with data until you set the Clock Drift setting to something else. You won't need to reset it each day.

If the times are only SOMETIMES off by one hour and are SOMETIMES correct, you should let JediMark know.

Another thing to keep in mind for Fall: If you are in an area that changes to/from daylight savings time, there are often problems with a skewed time for a day or two after the time change.
Data uploaded this morning shows correct time, so there's no intermittent problem with the time line. Queensland doesn't have DST, thank goodness!

F&P Icon timestamps are a bit yuck at the moment.. There are still issues that need work. There is a weird 6 minute delay between event and waveform data that doesn't fully make sense to me just yet.

There also seems to be some weird data glitches that can happen if you leave a mobile phone too close to your CPAP machine.. (well, it's either that or ICON's have *very* buggy firmware, it's still being investigated)

What I really need is for someone to track their machine on and off times manually for a few days, and then email me a zipped copy of their USB stick so I can match it all up.

Data from a fellow QLD'er would be perfect, because I can work on it without having to change my computers timezone. Hint. Hint.. Big Grin

I started using my CPAP in December, was vaguely aware of software being available, so each month I copied my SD card to a folder on my computer (separate folder for each time I copied it). Tonight, after I downloaded and installed SleepyHead, I imported the first month OK, but it crashed at 97% when I tried to import the 2nd month. for each month after that, except the last, I received a message that there was an "Import Problem - Couldn't find any Machine Data at the locations given." The last month imported without problem. Any suggestions?
(07-20-2014, 10:00 PM)blindhog142 Wrote: I started using my CPAP in December, was vaguely aware of software being available, so each month I copied my SD card to a folder on my computer (separate folder for each time I copied it). Tonight, after I downloaded and installed SleepyHead, I imported the first month OK, but it crashed at 97% when I tried to import the 2nd month. for each month after that, except the last, I received a message that there was an "Import Problem - Couldn't find any Machine Data at the locations given." The last month imported without problem. Any suggestions?
Are you using a Resmed S9 of some sort?

Did the data from the first month load into SH ok? In other words, if you open up SH can you see the data from the first month?

There is a known bug in SH 0.9.6 that causes SH to crash if you try to do two imports from a Resmed S9's data. The current workaround is to quit SH between each import. JediMark does know about this bug and it should be fixed before the next version of SH is released.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
(07-20-2014, 10:00 PM)blindhog142 Wrote: I received a message that there was an "Import Problem - Couldn't find any Machine Data at the locations given." The last month imported without problem. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum, blindhog142
Instead the of "usual location" try "new location" to import data
If flow data is important to you, download at least once a week, SD card store 7 days of flow data, 30 days of detailed data, up to 365 days of therapy data and compliance data http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

In the meantime, download ResScan so you don't loose any data
(07-19-2014, 09:47 AM)jedimark Wrote: This sounds very much to me like the DST bug I fixed a week or so ago in source code.

Hi jedimark,
First, let me say how much I appreciate the work you have done to create the SleepyHead program. As a software developer of several decades' experience, I can appreciate quite well how much effort this has been.

Since starting PAP therapy in January this year, I have regularly downloaded my S9 Autoset data into both ResScan 4.3 and SleepyHead 0.9.3. Recently I downloaded SleepyHead 0.9.6 (20140623 build), and have noticed a couple of issues. Oh yes, I'm running on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.

First: importing. Version 0.9.3 preserves the last import location, 0.9.6 does not. As I routinely copy the entire SD card to a directory tree, preserving each day separately, this tree is a number of levels deep. If I were to go back to import this data, 0.9.6 requires me to click down thru the tree each time - needlessly. If it just saved the last import path, that would save a lot of clicks.

Second: Timeline issue. I have noticed over the last week that the wake time is sometimes reported as an hour later than reality. The Sleep time is always correct so far. When this Wake time error happens, the Sleep duration is extended by an hour, which makes the AHI calculation wrong. It also shows a blank hour at the right end of the graphs (since, of course, there is no data for that period). Whenever I have seen this issue, I have checked ResScan and SH 0.9.3, and they show the correct wake time, agreeing within a minute or 2.

I usually import into ResScan first, as it only imports from the SD card directly. I then import into SH 0.9.3 from the copied directory. Lately I have added the third import into SH 0.9.6. Sometimes I have imported into 0.9.6 from the SD card directly, sometimes from the filesystem copy. I have the impression at this point that the Wake time error occurs when ResScan is still open when I import to 0.9.6. It hasn't seemed to matter whether I imported to SH 0.9.6 directly from the SD card or from the filesystem copy. I'll watch it carefully for a few days yet, and let you know if this pattern is confirmed.

I will be happy to provide sample data, screenshots, whatever might be helpful - just let me know. If you wish to PM or email me thru the forum, I'll be happy to respond.

BTW, I went to the SourceForge/SleepyHead site, and was going to open a ticket over there, but didn't see any means to do so. Do I need to join and login to be allowed to do that? Would you prefer to have issues reported there?

Regards, and Thanks Again for SleepyHead - I really like it much better than ResScan. Thanks Thanks
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Not sure I am doing this correctly. This is my first post on this forum. My question is, based on my equipment, which is the best software to use? In addition, please provide instruction on where and how I should ask a question such as this. This is the first forum I have ever joined. Thank you.
(07-27-2014, 08:59 AM)NADRLA Wrote: Not sure I am doing this correctly. This is my first post on this forum. My question is, based on my equipment, which is the best software to use? In addition, please provide instruction on where and how I should ask a question such as this. This is the first forum I have ever joined. Thank you.

Your machine is an F&P Premo.

You can either use InfoSmart (the official software) or SleepyHead. Which is "best" is in the eyes of the beholder.

InfoSmart does not seem to be available for free, but some on-line vendors do sell the program for patient use. If you google the phrase "InfoSmart software for F&P CPAP" you should get some hits for where you can purchase it. Prices I saw today were about $90 (US). There's an old thread here (Fisher & Paykel Icon Infosmart Software with some tips about finding and installing InfoSmart.)

Some people prefer InfoSmart, but many people prefer SleepyHead even though it is still in beta-testing.

First, SleepyHead is free.

SleepyHead tends to be easier to use and easier to navigate. SleepyHead runs on Macs as well as Windows. SleepyHead also runs very quickly. But it is beta-ware and there are known bugs. Jedimark has a team of testers and does his best to release code that is a bug-free as possible, but bugs do arise.

The InfoSmart software will give you a nice overview of the most important parts of your efficacy data, but it will NOT include the Flow Rate graph. (I believe the Icon Premo records Flow Rate, but I'm not 100% sure. I know the Icon Auto does record Flow Rate.)

SleepyHead will show you the Flow Rate graph (if the Icon Premo records it) as well as everything else recorded by the machine.

Because of the fact that InfoSmart can be hard to find and is not free, it's worth seeing if SH will work for you.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
(07-19-2014, 11:43 AM)jedimark Wrote: F&P Icon timestamps are a bit yuck at the moment.. There are still issues that need work. There is a weird 6 minute delay between event and waveform data that doesn't fully make sense to me just yet.

Back at the dawn of time (the 80's), I did quite a bit of embedded systems debugging.

If the waveform data happens before the event data, I'll guess that it's a big fudge factor to compensate for times when the machine doesn't have the processing prower to do all the analysis it needs.

If the event happens first, It wouldn't surprise me that it's just a bug that they work around in their software

If you run whatever F&P uses for software, does everything line up properly?

In any case, thanks again for SleepyHead!

It's pretty funny when my pulmonary doc's NP asks "So how are you sleeping?" and I actually tell her. Don't think she's used to getting actual information from patients. 8-)

Keep up the good work! We all appreciate it!

Terry

PS, I'm running the latest source from git, on linux, with a PR RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P). If there's anything you would like me to test/try/etc., I'm happy to help.

SleepyHead Software Installation
Dear Guru

I am trying to install Sleep Head on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and it will not run. After launching the app it stops and asks for confirmation as to the correct location data location, and accepting the default (or selecting a new folder) generates a failed to open error and asks me if I wish to reopen - this continues on a recursive loop if I press continue.

So far this is the only app that has not installed for me on Yosemite, but I can't discount that I may be missing something else for a standard install.

Thoughts...

T.I.A
Darkmask
Software guy
Further to my prior comments about the failed Yosemite install: I have just tried an earlier version 9.5 and it runs fine. The issue is with v 9.6 only.
Cheers
Darkmask

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,996 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,207 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,322 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,323 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,372 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,600 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.