Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are Sleep Apnea oral appliances & sleep apnea mouth pieces underrated?
RE: Are Sleep Apnea oral appliances & sleep apnea mouth pieces underrated?
"The one thing I did not try with the oral device is a full face mask. Now that I write this, it makes me realize I should try it that way too. If I do, I'll repost."

Well, I gave it a shot. I used the tongue depressing mouth piece with a full face mask thinking that by allowing my mouth to open that the mouth piece would fit better. Unfortunately for me, my mouth is too small for the device. 
I think for someone else that the device can fit in their mouth that the tongue depressor will hold their tongue in place. It did hold mine, but the sidewalls of the device were biting into the bottom of my mouth even after shaving away the corners.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 69 9 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 2 73 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 60 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 2 116 04-14-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 67 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 459 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,335 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.