Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
RE: Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
Page 4 of the sleep study.

And the last 6 months of data from old F&P Icon that shows OAs and H were present. 

I don't understand. Going to take all of this back to sleep doc for a 'please explain'

D.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results show that hypopnea is by far the problem. Hypopnea is really an extension of flow limitation and we have seen that resolve using the 3 cm of EPR with the Autoset machines. It would at least improve as shown in the examples in the Oscar Flow Limitations Wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...imitations. There are clear advantages to the bilevel (Vauto). Another member from AU, Mal777 recently purchased a Vauto from Supplier #33. Supplier #2 has a "gently used Vauto" with a warranty for $799 USD, and they will ship at a reasonable cost.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
your study reported "infrequent" plm at 18.7/hr. idk what their thresholds are but my 24/hr were quite debilitating, contributing to serious fragmentation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too was wondering about the "infrequent" PLM, I wonder what it takes to become frequent or significant. Something like trying to kick the football out of bed every 3 minutes on average.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doctor has me on 2 magnesium tablets or 2 slow release paracetamol to attempt to address the PLMs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found I can rent a Resmed autoset for a week or two. Speaking with them in next few days and would be interesting to see how it goes with EPR 3 on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data with RDI of 1.97. Best night so far. Still too short, lovin' the insomnia...

More aggressive mouth taping this time. No chance of mouth leak this time Smile

No response needed, just storing here for posterity whilst I wait to talk with CPAP machine suppler.

Cheers,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2020, 04:45 PM)Damiansd Wrote: Thanks Bonjour,

I'll move over to Auto Mode with min 8 and max 15. Back tomorrow with another graph.

I should have mentioned I wasn't using C-Flex at all last night.

Cheers,
D.

One question: Why are you limiting the max range?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello RMSko,

Apparently some people have arousals by the machine changing pressures. The suggestion was to trial a fixed upper and lower around the average pressure from previous few sets of data. I'm in this interim period where we are just playing. My current machine doesn't provide what I need to address the symptoms I have, so I'm a self-inflicting test bunny. 

I suspect once I have sorted a machine that provides better pressure support (AKA almost any RESMED), then we'll adjust back to a proper high and low pressure setting. 

Regards,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2020, 07:29 PM)Damiansd Wrote: Hello RMSko,

Apparently some people have arousals by the machine changing pressures. The suggestion was to trial a fixed upper and lower around the average pressure from previous few sets of data. I'm in this interim period where we are just playing. My current machine doesn't provide what I need to address the symptoms I have, so I'm a self-inflicting test bunny. 

I suspect once I have sorted a machine that provides better pressure support (AKA almost any RESMED), then we'll adjust back to a proper high and low pressure setting. 

Regards,
Damian.

Got it, thanks. I guess I'm lucky. I'm also using the DreamStation and haven't had that issue. For me the biggest issue was finding the right mask. I'm now using the DreamWear Nasal mask and it's working well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 895 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 278 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 344 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 763 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,016 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.