Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
RE: Assistance getting sub 5 AHI on new machine
Found a portable version of sleepyhead that runs. 

Here is last night's data.

[attachment=20560]

AHI of 1.35 is good, but it looks like the RERAs are still with me. 

It doesn't look like I need much extra pressure, but maybe 9.5 would help. 

Thoughts?
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you decide to try a minimum pressure of 9.5, try setting the maximum pressure to the same 9.5. This will make the machine act as CPAP (or just use CPAP mode). Sometimes the changing of pressure has a disruptive effect on sleep. I'm not a fan of the Philips Auto algorithm that tests pressures 1.5 cm higher and from your last charts, 9.5 should be a pretty good sweet spot for anything you're encountering.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey gurus, 

Went with 9.5-9.5 C-Flex 1. 

AHI (3.3) + RERA (3.11) is a bit high. 

Pondering, do I remove the flex? Long term user so not sure I need this 'comfort' feature.

All feedback welcome.
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't ask it to be included as a comfort feature. It was an attempt, only an attempt, to manage Flow Limits and RERAs, and honestly, I didn't expect much success.
Turn Flex off and see what happens.

I still feel that you likely will end up with a BiLevel, the question is when and how.
I do suggest you change from monitoring AHI to monitoring RDI.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if you can pursuade your doctor to approve a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, or even better the Aircurve 10 Vauto, but either of those machines will treat the flow limitations, hypopnea and RERA far better than any Philips machine. Both offer real bilevel therapy, but the Autoset is limited to 3-cm. Had you joined the forum before picking up a machine, you would have gotten an earful of why Resmed and not Philips before you got your machine. Sometimes an exchange can be done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour and PaleRider, thank you. 

This isn't an insurance thing, but my pocket unfortunately. I'll start looking at pricing for the Autoset 10 or Aircurve Vauto. I'll need to determine if I can do a trade-in as well. 

Part of the initial purchasing choice was for travel. The form factor of the Philips fits nicely into a small overnight bag. All the other machines are these cubes that are awkward to pack around. The other factor was the relative price of Resmed v Philips in Australia. Resmed are a premium on based on my results, seems like it should be worth it. 

I really appreciate the time and effort from all here. And I'll definitely focus on RDI rather than just AHI. 

Once I have some pricing and options I will come back. Until then sleep well.

Cheers,
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of the following set, I presume they go in price order, lowest to highest. 

• Airsense 10 Autoset and AutoSet for Her

• Aircurve 10 S (Lumis 100 VPAP S)

• Aircurve 10 ST (Lumis 150 VPAP ST)

• Aircurve 10 ST-A (Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A)

• Aircurve 10 VAuto

• Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS)
So Autoset as start point. Are the S/ST/STA models worth bothering or do I need to jump to VAuto.

Thanks,
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
We can work with an S, but the cost difference shouldn't be very different.  

The Best functionally for you is the VAuto.
The S is a basic BiLevel, think of it as a CPAP with 2 pressures, both pressures fixed.
The ST and the STA is the above but with a timed backup you do NOT need.  The choice between these and the S for you is purely price.
ASV you do not want.  

AutoSet for Her, slightly above the AutoSet but both have the same list price.  If you can get a good deal maybe but the risk is that you would need more than 3 cmw pressure support that the autosets can provide.  We could find out quick enough and with a good price on a lightly used one you should be able to resell it to recover your cost.  

We will let the Aussies on here help you navigate the acquisition side of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree with bonjour. Hope you can swap machines easily enough.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally got a copy of my full sleep report. Better late than never. In light of what Encore and Oscar are saying, the sleep results don't make sense. 

Attached is the full report showing 0 Apneas and 0 RERAs. Even the data out of my old F&P before it stopped recording data didn't agree with that. 

Pages 1 - 3 

POST 1 of 2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 895 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 276 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 341 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 763 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,015 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.