Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance with interpretation
Assistance with interpretation
Hi!

Been on a ResMed Aircurve 10 ST-A in IVAPS mode for six months now.  Has done nice things for my O2 saturation levels.

So my question is this:

In the left hand panel of OSCAR there is a list of various events that are used to figure out your AHI:  Large Leak, Obstructive Apnea (OA), Unclassified Apnea (UA) and Hypopnea (H) along with Pulse Change (PC) and SpO2 Drop (SD) which would be provided by my O2 Sleep ring pulse/oximeter.

Are these events the total observed? Or the total not corrected by the IVAPS therapy?  I've usually only see Hypopnea (H) and/or Unclassified Apnea (UA) and, I think once, an Obstructive Apnea (OA).  From the OSCAR stats page my 30 day AHI is 0.39.

I've included today's OSCAR screen shots and one from pre-therapy days showing O2 levels

Many Thanks!

Kyle

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Assistance with interpretation
The index of events is the events per hour. A total number of events would be the event index times the therapy time, a little over 6.5 hours in this case. Your SpO2 is less than impressive during the first half of this therapy sessions, and you might want to put a dotted line at 88% on the SpO2 graph to show how often you fall into hypoxic territory. To add a dotted line, just right-click the y-axis near the chart title and select dotted line. You can specify any value for the line.

For IVAPS mode, your machine is providing very minimal pressure support. That means you are likely breathing spontaneously for the most part and meeting goals for alveolar volume and respiratory rate. We can see some periods where more pressure support is provided. I think there is an error in your settings because you Min EPAP is 15 and Min IPAP is 14.0. This means you don't get a consistent inspiratory pressure support. I normally expect to see the minimum IPAP at least 2-3 cm higher than min EPAP to ensure you get some pressure support on every breath, with the adaptive pressure support providing more pressure support to maintain vent targets as needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Assistance with interpretation
Until last Wednesday the levels were:  EPAP 5.0-15.0 IPAP 5.0-26.0 (cmH2O) and then they were adjusted (remotely) to EPAP 5.0-15.0 IPAP 14.0-25.0 (cmH2O).  I've got a call into the therapist to see what's going on.

As to the O2 levels, yah, things are not optimum.  After a couple of visits to the spirometry lab it was determined that my lung function is lower than normal, but not, quite, into COPD territory.  My daytime O2 levels will sit in the 93-95% where most folks are in the 97-99%.  There may be an O2 concentrator in my future....

Many thanks for the breakdown, it will help me ask more meaningful questions when I talk with the therapist

Thanks

Kyle
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 467 Yesterday, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,208 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 130 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 154 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 251 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 564 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 307 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.