Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Assistance with my configuration
RE: Assistance with my configuration
All Resmed machines are the same hardware, and can be flashed with firmware to change what they do. You are a full member and once you convert to "preferred member" with 20 posts, ccan read the thread on Machine Modifications at the top of the COVID-19 forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am familiar with the concern for smoking and COPD, as I did smoke cigarettes for about 15 years. And yes I do have COPD, but it's not definite smoking was the cause. I used to drive tractor trailers as well, so there was 11 years of diesel fumes and that kind of smoke. I have had the ASV for 4 years, and was diagnosed with COPD about the same time. And yes I need to go with an NIV ventilator. Even so, this doesn't guarantee you will follow my pulmonary history ailment path. In my teens and early 20s as well, we had to heat our trailer with wood stoves, more areas of inhaling smoke. And my dad smoked heavily until his death, a heart condition. FWIW he had COPD as well.

Don't go digging your grave yet. Do all you can to get the apnea issue straightened out via the ASV. It will deliver excellent therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh wow so the machines can be modified that's cool. I would think that having different hardware in each model would be more pricey to have the hardware built if everything was different. Totally makes sense. I guess I will wait till I have enough posts to read it. Curious if its a homebrew flash or secret handshake to unlock.

I am only 32 and I probably smoked for close to 15 years also (started young). Thankfully I didn't work with any smokey equipment like diesel engines, however I think I was a pretty heavy smoker perhaps. I think I stress smoked maybe. When I stopped some years ago I don't think I was doing to great breathing wise, which was one of the reasons that fueled my reasons to stop. I feel way better now that I stopped (and getting fit in the process) it did take me a few times though. I tried with patches multiple times but that didn't work and eventually went cold turkey and somehow managed that.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's commendable that you've stopped. I myself have not smoked anything for 26 years. I will never regret quitting, but I do regret starting.

I think a few of those "retired" VPAP tx units were floating around being used as home therapy devices.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't want to get sick and be unable to help or wife or worse. I also regret starting, I don't even know why I started but it was the most stupid thing I ever did probably.

I expect they would have had a big price tag on them if you attempted to buy one "new" haha.
Post Reply Post Reply
Took machine off auto heat/humidity last night, in the hope some of these settings might help with aerophagia. Set to 27c and humidity of 5 (could definitely feel the moisture).. Somehow got my 2nd lowest AHI ever..

For the first time since I started, I might even feel ever so slightly better? Don't tell me I need to get these numbers every night to start feeling better haha.. Hopefully the ASV drops the rest. Guess will see how I feel in a few hours and if I need a sudden nap.
Post Reply Post Reply
A bit busy looking but not as bad as it's been. A good sign of beginning to feel better for it, even if it's short lived. I would say once you plug the ASV into your therapy, it gets a lot better immediately. It may take a short time to get accustomed, but it's not a big deal mostly. When you do get the ASV, let us know and we'll give an assist as needed.

You'd likely be best off doing ASVAuto mode, with titration defaults of EPAP 4-15 and PS 3-15. And be aware of the trick of the ASV to sneak up on you just as you drift off. It likes to say howdy with a hard blow to jolt you. If it ever does so, just blow back into the mask. It'll accept the meet & greet as over and it'll back off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. I asked them to set it up for me with the following configuration:
Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV
Mode - ASVAuto
Min EPAP - 5 cmH2O
Max EPAP - 15 cmH2O
Min PS - 3 cmH2O
Max PS - 15 cmH2O
Ramp Off

If I can find a humidity and heat setting I like before Thursday I assume I can just mirror that exact setting across also?
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Settings are fine, with the EPAP Min being 5 it'll be basically the same as I'd mentioned. That 1 step variance isn't anything to be concerned over. Yes, humidity and heated hose settings can be duplicated in entirety.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent thank you! Will report back when I have machine in hand (I might give it a small test run to make sure no odd smells, noises etc)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 902 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 347 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 689 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data runnermeep 17 766 01-31-2024, 04:43 PM
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,017 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.