Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Everything is a UA (Help with ASV settings)
RE: Everything is a UA (Help with ASV settings)
Last night was ugly.  Between tossing, turning and PS trying to blow the mask off, wow.  Do you think I should go back to night before last machine settings or try something different?

Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I have no problem with going back to previous settings. We didn’t change a lot and we’re still trying to establish a baseline.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights numbers were a bit better.  Back in the 3.x range. Had a pretty good drop in SpO2 a couple times. Definitely need to figure that out but I'm thinking about leaving the settings as they are for a couple nights and see if everything remains consistent. I also have a different size cushion ordered to see if that will minimize the leaks when I'm laying on my side.  Probably won't see the cushion until the end of next week.

Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
It has been about a week since I last posted anything.  During that time, I made some minor changes to the machine settings but things got worse.  I don't think my changes were the problem, but rather that I was getting more comfortable in the mask and was trying to sleep in a more comfortable position.  Laying on my side was causing the mask to leak so the machine couldn't correct the apneas.  My new cushion finally arrived yesterday (only 5 days later than I expected) and it seems to solve the leaks while side sleeping.

A couple observations on the new cushion (size medium vs the large I was using)...
The medium cushion creates more condensation than the large did so I woke up a couple times with water droplets on my nose.  Annoying but at this point workable.

The air in the medium cushion seems warmer than the large, and for me, that is not a good thing. I increased PSmin slightly so it moves more air on the inhale and that seemed to help.  Suppose I could have increased the EPAPmin instead and achieved the same thing, maybe more efficiently.

Attached are screen shots from last night sleep. Any insights in further reducing the AHI and/or decreasing the condensation in the cushion while not increasing the air temp are greatly welcome.

Bob

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 858 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,663 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,119 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,759 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.