Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BIPAP making my CSA worse
RE: BIPAP making my CSA worse
[Image: YXQ1ISy.png]

This IPAP pressure is all over, still wake up after 1.5 hours usually.

low ahi, but no less tired. trying an old unused f30i mask, I like it more but it tends to get hot and sticky or leak a lot near the nose. and waking up with a dry mouth, which I'm not sure how that's happening with a mouth mask and +4 humidity
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what is triggering the pressure support, but this is about the lowest pressure we can obtain with the Resmed ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I guess flow rate is what needs to be even, regardless. but that ipap is wild, or have you seen it like this elsewhere? I would think it would go down after the event, or am I just looking too close. It's difficult to find any other specific event charts to compare with. Or does the upper PS need to be decreased?

[Image: 6Bdr5s3.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV targets your minute vent. Could you include that on the chart rather than resp rate or leaks?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sure,
I feel the high pressure quite a bit, even blowing back doesnt stop it,
which then causes leaks to a point I give up for the night and take it off.

[Image: ihAy50l.png]

[Image: dNXi04D.png]

[Image: eIU1hGV.png]

[Image: SQlS6Io.png]

[Image: fDvzcp0.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
after all my research, I'm concluding that the terrible lab conditions for my initial sleep study caused a full misdiagnosis of CSA and I dont have anything
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not feeling rested with BIPAP. Is it even making a difference? ppluissz 3 246 Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 120 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 420 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 413 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 773 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 1,022 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 425 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.