Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backup batteries
Backup batteries
Does anyone have any experience with this battery from Bix-Power?

Super High Capacity Long Lifetime Battery with UPS Function for ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine CP250-S10

From what I can see it has the best bang for the buck. It has more than enough juice to let you use the humidifier. That’s what grabs my attention 
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backup batteries
I just looked it up. Unfortunate I'm not armed with the formula to do battery calculations on power, etc. Smart battery guys would be along I'd think. It looks interesting as a package, and as I said I didn't calculate, but as small as the battery seems, I'd not think it'd go many days powering xPAP humidifier and heated hoses. I might be wrong though. For that price, I'd not gamble on guessing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the Resmed battery guide to run an Autoset 10 for 8hrs with a humidifier and heated hose takes 46 ah the battery is 20 ah so would last less than half a typical night.

Using no humidifier and slimline hose it is likely you will get 2 nights. Out of it with some headroom, maybe even 3 nights as claimed on the website.

Resmed battery guide here https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 04:47 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: From the Resmed battery guide to run an Autoset 10 for 8hrs with a humidifier and heated hose takes 46 ah the battery is 20 ah so would last less than half a typical night.

Using no humidifier and slimline hose it is likely you will get 2 nights. Out of it with some headroom, maybe even 3 nights as claimed on the website.

Resmed battery guide here https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
Thank you. 46ah is very helpful. I’m just looking for a UPS so if the power goes out for a few my machine keeps running till I wake up. If it was to stay out for days then I’d I have to turn off the humidifier and switch back to the slimline
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m finding much cheaper options that aren’t marketed for medical use but is the same exact thing. Makes sense since my positive pressure respirator for welding cost $2600 when all it is is a plastic fan blowing air thru a tube into my welding helmet. Since it’s marketed for safety it costs a fortune. The 3M Adflo for Speedglas helmets. The cheaper options for cpap UPS seems like the way to go as long as it comes from a reputable company of course. I definitely don’t need overheating and thermal runaway from a Chinese knock off
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 08:07 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: I’m finding much cheaper options that aren’t marketed for medical use but is the same exact thing. Makes sense since my positive pressure respirator for welding cost $2600 when all it is is a plastic fan blowing air thru a tube into my welding helmet. Since it’s marketed for safety it costs a fortune. The 3M Adflo for Speedglas helmets. The cheaper options for cpap UPS seems like the way to go as long as it comes from a reputable company of course. I definitely don’t need overheating and thermal runaway from a Chinese knock off

Buy yourself a DC - DC adapter for your Resmed a mobility scooter battery (35 AH) and some form of battery tender. That will give you a cost effective battery solution, but not so portable
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 10:06 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 08:07 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: I’m finding much cheaper options that aren’t marketed for medical use but is the same exact thing. Makes sense since my positive pressure respirator for welding cost $2600 when all it is is a plastic fan blowing air thru a tube into my welding helmet. Since it’s marketed for safety it costs a fortune. The 3M Adflo for Speedglas helmets. The cheaper options for cpap UPS seems like the way to go as long as it comes from a reputable company of course. I definitely don’t need overheating and thermal runaway from a Chinese knock off

Buy yourself a DC - DC adapter for your Resmed a mobility scooter battery (35 AH) and some form of battery tender. That will give you a cost effective battery solution, but not so portable
I’ll look into it, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for off-topic Osi, but what welding type you doing? I took class for welding years ago, stick, MIG, TIG experiments, never got good at it. Did buy a "Darth Vader" welding helmet, wanted to get auto dimmer but I didn't go anywhere job wise with it so I shelved it.

Just curious to know that's all.

Jaswilliams has good idea on scooter battery thing. Not portable but high cap I'd think. Some are gel batteries, would think that's what I'd do. Let us know if you buy, so AB has your project for others that may want same as you. Happy Tuesday...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 10:32 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sorry for off-topic Osi, but what welding type you doing? I took class for welding years ago, stick, MIG, TIG experiments, never got good at it. Did buy a "Darth Vader" welding helmet, wanted to get auto dimmer but I didn't go anywhere job wise with it so I shelved it.

Just curious to know that's all.

Jaswilliams has good idea on scooter battery thing. Not portable but high cap I'd think. Some are gel batteries, would think that's what I'd do. Let us know if you buy, so AB has your project for others that may want same as you. Happy Tuesday...
Sure I’ll post it so others can try it out or have a starting point for their own setups. It will definitely be a UPS setup

I MIG and TIG stainless steel and some aluminum TIG also. Pressure vessel mostly. The aluminum is vacuum. I really enjoy TIG it allows you to weld anything from soda cans and up. But I mainly weld thin wall stainless tubing (0.35” - 0.65”) through schedule 40 pipe (about 6mm wall thickness) the area I’m in now.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that's cool. I never got off the starting block with welding. Class didn't equate to on job experience so it fizzled.

Soon after I went to CDL school for class A truck driving which afflicted me with worse than ever back issues and Coffeeitis. Did driving regional for 11 years. Didn't see anything but crazy 4 wheelers, and a dock slot. It did spark a renewed interest in radio, obviously especially CB, ham radio's evil step cousin. Smile

Good day to ya
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,338 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 202 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 251 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 571 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,250 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,683 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep
  I need a good backup full face backup mask TimtheEnchanter 3 545 06-24-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TimtheEnchanter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.