Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bad Headaches
Bad Headaches
I have been using the S9 autoset for 5 years now.  UNtil a few months ago, AHI below 5.  Problem with segmented sleep - up at least 5 times in 8 hours.  Current pressure is 7.0 min and 9.8 high.  It was 10.8 high until last week.  This is the first time in 5 years I am waking up with severe headaches even with the lower setting.  Feels like stuffed sinus and get a lot of running nose in the morning.  Any idea of how to cut down on the headaches or is it a common side effect - but not for 5 years so don't know what changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bad Headaches
(04-17-2018, 10:24 AM)sleepyCoder Wrote: I have been using the S9 autoset for 5 years now.  UNtil a few months ago, AHI below 5.  Problem with segmented sleep - up at least 5 times in 8 hours.  Current pressure is 7.0 min and 9.8 high.  It was 10.8 high until last week.  This is the first time in 5 years I am waking up with severe headaches even with the lower setting.  Feels like stuffed sinus and get a lot of running nose in the morning.  Any idea of how to cut down on the headaches or is it a common side effect - but not for 5 years so don't know what changed.

It would be very helpful if you downloaded SleepyHead and posted some daily detail screen shots of your typical nights. Have a look at the links in my signature area below for help. Pay close attention to optimizing the screen layout so you get the most important details on the screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the headaches are related to the blocked sinus/runny nose issues (and they may not be), you may be better just having your CPAP set at a fixed pressure rather than a high and low range on it. 

For my blocked sinus issues I found that turning off the humidifier and not having any water in the tank helped markedly.
I had previously tried maxing it out to flush my sinus passages, but to no avail.. so then I upped my fixed pressure from 7 to 8, still no improvement.. then I tried no heat, just water in the tank, then no water and the pressure still set on 8.. at which point things improved markedly.

Others have found more humidity worked for them, so you may need to try both more humidity and none at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
could it be a sinus infection, allergies?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 16 726 02-14-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 906 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data analysis/headaches arkayamal 5 741 03-11-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Morning headaches post- revised! lindylou 11 1,138 01-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: lindylou
Sad New CPAP user (sort of)Headaches every morning twincessmom13 8 1,220 10-25-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: twincessmom13
  [Treatment] 4 Years on CPAP, Still Tired with Morning Headaches FancyFrog 4 767 09-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: FancyFrog
  Low AHIs, still wake up feeling awful with headaches suresk 4 1,186 05-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.