Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lövenstein prisma 25 ST
Lövenstein prisma 25 ST
I bought Lövenstein prisma 25 ST leaving my Philips ASV which I have been using for about 7 years.AHI in Philips ASV was usually around 2-3 but I felt tired all the time.It is a new machine and I spend time on the forum to use it.I think there are not many users on the forum.AHI is usually around 6-7 and I have frequent awakenings. I am running the machine in ST mode.I am trying to find a solution by trial and error and by using the forum.but everything is confused and I need to get help from my friends who are experts in this subject in the forum.I have attached the tables I got from oscar and prisma's own software.some places are turkish but I think they can give an idea.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lövenstein prisma 25 ST
One issue is you possibly were on the Philips version of SV AUTO due to central apnea, that's what they are made for. If you replaced it with an ST of any brand, it's likely not treating the CA.

Some time ago before ASV, the ST was the treatment device. It's not as good at effective CA treatment, and it's mainly designed for patients with lung disease.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar and prisma ts software do not detect any CA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's during treatment, then despite an ST not being the best tool for it, this can indicate CA are being treated by it.

Since OSCAR would show during treatment results, it's not the indicator for diagnosis or that events existed to treat. This is to track therapy instead.

Was Central Apnea the diagnosis?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Aergun.

Lowenstein Prisma is a very respected machine, I have heard good reports about Lowenstein but have no actual experience working with that brand. We will still work with you to improve your therapy.

In your "Event Flags" at the top of the oscar Report if "VS" is vibratory snore, please turn it off.

I am not sure what the following line items are in the "Events":

CL
     ART
     eFL
     eS
     eSO
     eMO
     TB

Could you let us know what these are? I might know some but do not want to make a mistake. We may want you to turn these off for future OSCAR Report, and if needed we will request you turn on these items.

When you did your screen print of OSCAR the top of the Event Flags was cut off, could you ensure to get this in the future screen print you submit,

We look forward to hearing from you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 112 03-27-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,719 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 88 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,018 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,483 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.