Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bends/folds out of Climateline Hose
Bends/folds out of Climateline Hose
My replacement Climateline Hoses come in the original packaging and are "bent/folded" to fit in the packaging. 

It wouldn't be such a big deal, except that the bends are causing an issue with my CozyHose Boss.  The fold/bend falls in the middle of the two connectors  which causes the hose to make a triangle of sorts and it doesn't move correctly.  Ideally one of the connectors could go where the bend is, but unfortunately the hose won't be in the right place then, length-wise (from wall to mask.)

Long story short, anyone know how to the get the bends/folds out of the hose, permanently?  I've tried bending it the other way, which works only temporarily.  Once it's in the CozyHose connectors, the bend reappears.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bends/folds out of Climateline Hose
After looking up what a hose boss is . I think i would try a piece ofsteel coat hanger bent tothe shpe needed and carefully attach it to the hose to hold its shape. Becarefull of the wire ends as notto poke holes in hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always wash my stuff in very hot water and this will help relax the residual bendiness in your hose. Just fill it with very hot water (from the tap, not boiling), leave it for a few minutes then empty it and hang it to dry. It should come out all nice and flexible.

And I suppose in this litigious age I should put in a disclaimer - if you burn yourself don't blame me! oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a similar problem. Next time I have a hose I plan to throw away, I am going hang it by one end and take a hair dryer to it. Gently at first and slowly increase the heat to the breaking point. Then I will know if the bends can be removed without destroying the hose.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 643 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.