Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Machine for UARS?
RE: Best Machine for UARS?
That's such a personal thing; hard to say.

I like the Bleep because it doesn't leak; like at all. And for that reason, it's pretty impervious to movement.

But out-of-pocket is more expensive, since you have to buy the disposable ports.

Maybe try both ;-)
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased an Aircurve 10 VAuto and Bleep Dreamport mask. What settings are recommended to start with?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, congrats on the new machine. It sounds like this is your first machine and we are starting from scratch for settings. I would start with these settings, and record the data, then we can fine-tune.
Mode: Vauto
EPAP min: 5.0
PS: 4.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
Trigger: Medium
Cycle: Medium
Ti Min: 0.3
Ti Max: 2.0

If you don't already have the clinician manual, order it from the forum at the CPAP Setup Manuals at the top of this page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What sleeprider said.

You can then use OSCAR to read the data off your machine, and post it for comment. That data will give us all a good idea of how to tweak.

Warning: be patient. It will take some time to adjust to all this; mask, machine, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
How are things going patrickbateman? I presume fine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally received my machine and used it for the first time last night. Took a while for me to fall asleep and tossed and turned throughout the night. However, overall, it wasn't too bad. My perception of how well I slept was slightly below average. After waking up I feel fine, probably about average. It's hard to tell if the machine helped, hurt, or didn't make a difference. Attached are screenshots from Oscar. Is there anything that stands out in the data?

Post Reply Post Reply
At PS 4.0 with a minimum EPAP of 4.0 you basically did not have any flow limitation and the few random events are not a concern. This looks like very effective therapy, and there is no reason to make setting changes. We can see your sleep was disrupted early, but settled down after 02:15, and this is pretty normal for starting a new therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How is treatment with the VAuto going? I have just been diagnosed with UARS and mild OSA and looking at purchasing this machine, would you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 908 35 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 149 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 54 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 610 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 77 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.