Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Nights Sleep
Best Nights Sleep
In my desperate struggle to end this nightmare of daytime jet lag tiredness, despite 10+ hours a night, something changed last night. I decided to try out an old mask that is somewhat worn out, the original 'Comfort Classic' Respironics nasal mask. One difference is the size of the input from the tubing, larger opening, less obstructions for the air on the way in. It seemed to flow  in more freely, not just pressure, just a better feel. Like the difference between of sitting right in front of a fan, or 4 feet away.

The pressure felt slightly stronger though not changed on the machine. Finally woke up with a clearer head, like the trash had been taken out last night. The replacement for the comfort classic is the blue jel silicone covered mask. It fits better, but the airflow is not as good, not pressure, but somehow the 'feel' of it. Also I turned off the C-FLEX. I have a theory that the machine cannot adjust fast enough between pressure relief on exhale and increase on inhale. But I had done that several nights before. 

How do you find the right mask with so many out there, and without being able to try them out for a few nights?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best Nights Sleep
Unfortunate, but finding the right mask is hit or miss. You have 4 mask types, pillows, nasal, full face, and hybrid. Then the various sizes. Then the hit or miss fit parameters as cushion size names can be misleading. Then throw in some are allergic to silicone. Some mask models have different frame or headgear sizes also. About the only thing similar is all these should take the full PAP pressures and not leak if you get all the fit variables right for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.