Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR?
Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR?
Hi All, new user here. Trying to wrap my head around how to interpret OSCAR data. In my research it seems like oxygen levels are an important metric to pair with the data collected by the cpap machine. I know the OSCAR program says it can import data from Contec devices...but those things look clunky/uncomfortable to wear (CMS50F model). And the finger clip models (CMS50E) seem the like they would fall off in my sleep. But idno, you tell me, do you like the Contec devices? Are they easy enough to import data from?

I also recently saw this post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d-to-OSCAR

And these wellue rings look pretty nice. Not too obtrusive looking, and it seems like it'd stay on my finger well through the night. However, it is one of these cloud based things, and aside from harvesting my personal data, the manufacturer could at anytime send out an update that would make exporting the data as the above poster did impossible, which would suck. I've had that happen with other tech...for instance, a security camera that after a firmware update no longer allowed you export video via usb to your device, instead you'd have to buy their subscription service to get the footage.

I looked at SleepHQ and all their gadgets. They do seem slick, but the whole cloud based data thing where I can't just store my personal data locally bums me out. I just hate that whole business model, it's very invasive. But maybe that's just the best/most painless way of pairing your O2 levels with your cpap data?

Any other O2 devices you might recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR?
It depends on what OS you are using.

Wellue has software for the computer, "O2 Insight Pro" for both Windows and Mac, as well as their phone apps. the phone apps do like to "phone home", but I have not noticed it on the computer app, although I would need to double check my outbound firewall logs to verify. Trying to force users into their cloud service in the phone apps is only recent.

Contec has Windows only software and no phone apps. I use it on my Mac in a Win10 VM.

We have a wiki page with the oximeters that are known to work with OSCAR. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on linux and have the viatom/wellue o2ring working ok with oscar.   I grab the .dat file creating when the app on my android phone imports the info and that can be imported into oscar on my linux pc along with the sd card from my resmed machine.

You can choose cloud or local with the app and even if you pick cloud the .dat files are still stored in the the android data folder path on the "sdcard" of the phone whether an actual one or the "built in" ones.  As I copy them over to my Resmed_Data folder on my pc I have an o2 subfolder I put them in after import so I also have a backup if something should happen to the app.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a Wellue o2Ring for a couple of weeks now and I find it really easy to import the data into Oscar. I use Wellue's desktop program, O2 Insight Pro to interface with the ring.

I would say that having this data is really interesting. But I don't think I would say that having it is essential for my therapy. If you're interested and can afford the price it's not bad. I found that wearing it on my thumb was the most comfortable.

I had to turn the vibrating alarm on the ring off. I had a drop below a certain threshold and it vibrated, which woke me up. I just want it to record data, not give me alarms while I'm sleeping. Luckily you can enable or disable that feature as you like.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed my o2 ring to alert at 80 instead of 88.  If it gets down that low I do want to be woken up so I can correct how I'm laying or whatever was causing it to get that low.  I wish they had an alarm where it has to stay in a range for a certain amount of time but haven't seen that on any I looked at before purchase.

In my sleep study my o2 got as low as 60 so for me it's something I need to be more aware of than just a nightly reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
My drops are only momentary and usually don't go very low, so I'm content to just have them recorded. It's good that there are adjustments that can be made so that these can fit most people's needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently bought the Wellue 02 ring. After using it for a couple of nights I was pleasantly surprised to find good 02 and heart-rate data. So for me, I see no need to import the data to Oscar. I can continue to spot check every few weeks.

While doing my research on the Wellue I did notice the awful reviews on Wellue's latest upgrade to their phone app "ViHealth". What I did was upload/install an older version of ViHealth onto my tablet. No registration or personal info needed. If you are familiar with .apk files it's not difficult. Also the app runs perfectly on my tablet, and will never auto update since it didn't come from Google Play.
Post Reply Post Reply
While there may have been issues in the past I'm running the very latest version (that I know of) from Jan 6 2023 and it's producing the .dat file needed to import to oscar without issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windows
Post Reply Post Reply
For your information; The OSCAR code has been updated to address the ".dat" filename extension.  Until the next release of OSCAR, to enjoy this feature, you will be required to obtain a copy of the source code and build it yourself   To anticipate your next question, currently no date has been set.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 521 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor nanaa0 16 1,779 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Question [Equipment] OSCAR and ResMed oximeter data import Filbert 2 777 08-01-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 585 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  How can I monitor my sleep apnea severity without a doctor? davidortenn79 11 1,308 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: davidortenn79
  Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor cmpman1974 5 689 04-28-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: withtao
  Oximeter Vs Smartwatch vs no heart rate monitor xaid 0 476 03-31-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: xaid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.