Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best O2 sensor?
Best O2 sensor?
I am looking for an O2 sensor that:

- records
- uploads to PC
- integrates/aligns with with OSCAR
- a wrist model without the pinching finger thingy would be a bonus

I have a very old (so old I do not see a brand or model #) but I've never liked it due to the clunky software (SpO2?).

Anything out there?

I'm still looking. If I find something, I'll ask about it in this thread. Also going to dig through the reviews here.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best O2 sensor?
Look at Supplier #31. They offer both a wrist worn model, SleepU, and a ring type finger model, O2Ring. Both are superior to the Contec-50 models. I just looked, and their site is taking US orders again. The O2Ring is on sale for $159. If you are so inclined, they are advertising that any order over $99 receives an infrared thermometer. . . Wow! Makes you want to rush over an order several of them. Rolleyes

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good god, the more I look, the better my old one is looking. 'Cause wow, the prices...

Like the CheckMe Max but noped at the price of 209USD.
Noped out of the Lookee too at 148USD (that price is not worth it and the brand name makes me cringe)

And, Red, bless your heart. #31 is PadACheek. Not sure they have oximeters.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Just for giggles, if money were no object (snort) which would be the one to get?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
For my money, I like the SleepU at $168 (US) best. The O2Ring looks to be more bulky on the thumb. OTOH, if I had a friend I could get 2 O2Rings for $135(US) each. In onesies, the $10(US) extra for the wrist model seems worth it.

OTGH... I already have a CMS50F v1 equivalent, and we still don't do direct import from the v2 models, so I'm unlikely to get a Wellvue version any time soon.

Oh yeah... it's Supplier #40...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2022, 03:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And, Red, bless your heart. #31 is PadACheek. Not sure they have oximeters.

Oops  I REALLY need to work on my reading comprehension.

Thanks
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
pholynyk -- does the SleepU work well with OSCAR (convenient download of pulse/ox data and sync up with OSCAR's flow chart, etc)?

maybe your comment about v2 data import issues answers this?
Post Reply Post Reply
The v2 reference was for the Contec 50 series. The SleepU's data imports very well with OSCAR. The data's naming convention easily allows for adjusting the starting time to better sync with the CPAP's time.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2022, 03:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Just for giggles, if money were no object (snort) which would be the one to get?

Just Google "Nonin Wrist Pulse Oximeter", and you would also need their Nvision software.
Post Reply Post Reply
If money was no object, I would go with the Resmed oximeter module along with the required hardware. That way, its data is incorporated in the CPAP's data stream. My 2nd choice is the SleepU, which I use. Unlike the O2Ring, the device's weight is located on your wrist and not hanging off your finger.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FYI: A11 has an acoustic diagnostic sensor Gideon 5 2,931 10-15-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  SpO2 sensor w/ 1 second resolution? YouTakeMyBreathAway 6 725 01-08-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,973 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777
  FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP PhilEd 18 2,695 02-27-2021, 07:45 PM
Last Post: PhilEd
  [Pressure] Pressure sensor error code on Resmed teresa6185 4 11,310 04-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Danceswithpike
  How to hook CMS50I oximeter's finger-puylse sensor to laptop USB 2SleepBetta 10 2,933 08-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: aquanaut20
  Is my oximeter's O2 sensor functioning as it should ? djrem3000 0 1,172 06-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: djrem3000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.