Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best PAP for UARS in Australia?
Best PAP for UARS in Australia?
Hi again,
I have recently been diagnosed with UARS in Australia from a WatchPat One test. I had an AHI = 4.8 and RDI = 14.4. From alot of researching i have found that the best form of treatment is typically a Bi-Pap over a CPAP and am considering going straight to it as i have noticed alot of people say that CPAP generally seems to not work for UARS treatment.
The problem is i do not know which device to get. Most people seem to say that the ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto is the best BiPAP for UARS however there is no suppliers of that device in my Country. Does anyone have any recommendations for any other BiPAP devices that work ?
Thanks guys Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best PAP for UARS in Australia?
I'd try to find a way to get the ResMed VAuto anyway. Funny that an Australian PAP can't be purchased or found in Australia.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lezz

Hmm, yes they want you to buy the more expensive jobbies here in Oz Lumis 100 to 150 ranges, $4k to $7k. No thanks.

If you don't want the AutoSet For Her you will have to source from overseas.

I ordered my Vauto from supplier 2 on Dec 6 and it got here in WA on Dec 22 2020, not bad considering the Xmas silly season, Covid lock downs and so on.

Full machine, zero run hours I chose new, SD card, standard and heated hose, carry bag, and humidair water chamber. Securely wrapped. No queries from customs etc. If you chose one with lower run hours you can save some dollars.

Vauto make in Singapore, so Modem won't work here, no sweat, don't need it if you use the SD card and OSCAR, this forum will help you with the settings etc.

Good service from them, spent a happy hour or so chatting to Tim about the machine, this and that.

Just saying!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear that it's doable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange that we don't even have the option of a VAuto here! 
Thats awesome you were able to get one shipped over, I've managed to find a second hand one with 2500 hours that I'm thinking of getting but still trying to work out if it's going to be the right machine for me before buying it.
How is the VAuto going for you and do you have UARS??
Post Reply Post Reply
lezz, I have a VAuto and have UARS.  With the VAuto, I've been able to reduce my AHI from an average of 2.3 to an averaged of 0.7.  Mind you, that UARS tends to be under-counted by these machines.  That's because a lot of UARS events are not quite apneas, but still are disruptive to sleep.  I feel a lot better than I (ever) did with an APAP machine.  I purchased mine from Supplier#2.  Honestly, they are pretty easy to work with.
Post Reply Post Reply
The VAuto will do anything a ResMed CPAP/APAP will do, more than many other brands, provide finer control on the amount of PS you choose to apply and provide much more PS than the 3 cmw that ResMed CPAPs or AutoSet can apply if you should need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sweet, it seems as though its a general consensus that the VAuto is the best machine for me, i will go ahead and purchase one and then come back and let you guys know how i go with the OSCAR data. Thanks for your help Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Best to you, let us know when you get the VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have little knowledge of the different machines, is this what you are looking for?

https://shop.resmed.com.au/resmed-aircur...l-machine/
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 98 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 993 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 634 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 205 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 83 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.