Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best current medical paper tape for overnight mouth taping
RE: Best current medical paper tape for overnight mouth taping
Great tip.  I can only hope they stock it here up north in our Walmart.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2019, 03:48 PM)Hamguy515 Wrote: I had good success using 3M's "Kind Removal" tape when mouth-taping.  It uses a silicone adhesive that seems to increase slightly in adhesiveness through the night.

I think this is the same as the 3M Nexcare Sensitive Skin tape that I use. Works well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2019, 11:08 AM)foxfire Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 03:48 PM)Hamguy515 Wrote: I had good success using 3M's "Kind Removal" tape when mouth-taping.  It uses a silicone adhesive that seems to increase slightly in adhesiveness through the night.

I think this is the same as the 3M Nexcare Sensitive Skin tape that I use. Works well.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a product called Sleep Strip Advanced Gentle Mouth Tape. It can be found on Aliexpress which is a Chinese mail-order company. It works very well and is extremely cost effective. 30 pieces for about $1.30 with shipping to the USA. 

I find Aliexpress  Commercial Link Removed to be a very reliable source with an enormous variety of products, have been using them for several years and have had no untoward financial surprises. The products are different and sometimes seem cheaply made but if you shop wisely you can get some useful items for very little cost.  Be aware of shipping costs but with small light items, it is not an issue. Often shipping is included. The downside............it may take 2+ weeks to get it. Plan ahead.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
(06-12-2019, 12:53 PM)Marillion Wrote: It seems recently 3M has changed their Micropore product in that the tape now leaves a gross gummy sticky residue after overnight use that it never used to do.  

This explains a lot! Micropore used to perfectly seal my mouth leaks but now it fails during the night and I have to re-tape in the middle of many nights!
The latest batch of Micropore tape does not hold in the presense of a bit of salliva, wet tounge breaks through it. That had been really bad for my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2019, 07:26 AM)yrnkrn Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 12:53 PM)Marillion Wrote: It seems recently 3M has changed their Micropore product in that the tape now leaves a gross gummy sticky residue after overnight use that it never used to do.  

This explains a lot! Micropore used to perfectly seal my mouth leaks but now it fails during the night and I have to re-tape in the middle of many nights!
The latest batch of Micropore tape does not hold in the presense of a bit of salliva, wet tounge breaks through it. That had been really bad for my sleep.

Me as well - taping twice a night, and air escaping through mouth while asleep. Did you find a remedy?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2019, 09:15 AM)gcritchley Wrote: Me as well - taping twice a night, and air escaping through mouth while asleep. Did you find a remedy?

I had tried 15 different types of tapes including gaffers tapes, painter tapes, medical tapes and 3M Micropore easily beats them all.
Applying denture adhesive cream in mouth corners before taping with Micropore solves the leaks for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 9 1 hour ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 311 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 800 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.