Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best data tool for Dreamstation (not Pro)
Best data tool for Dreamstation (not Pro)
Hello.  I’m new to the community and have had my CPAP for about a week. It is the Dreamstation (not Pro). I do have the DreamMapper app, but that doesn’t provide much insight. 

I really want to see and analyze all data points so that I get the most from the therapy. Sleepyhead and Oscar only provide basic data. 

My question is would Encore provide this increased data points, or would I have the same issue of only getting basic usage/compliance data? 

I’ve been told the limitation is that only basic information is written to the SD card, so Encore wouldn’t help. 

Appreciate any thoughts from the group.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best data tool for Dreamstation (not Pro)
Hi Dedwin0927!  -  Welcome

It sounds like you have the Dreamstation CPAP DSx200.  The model number can be found on either the back or bottom of the CPAP.  If it is the bottom, make sure you remove the humidifier first.   This is a basic device that we term a "Brick".  It will only supply basic data and not the detailed data you are looking for.  Since you have had it for only a week, you might look in to having the doctor change your prescription for a more advanced model.  

Here is a link to the Wiki that list the various CPAP machines that will provide data and the ones that don't.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If this the machine you have Dreamstation CPAP (DSx200), then it will only display compliance data regardless of the software used.  Encore can't display what is not available on the machine.

Are you able to return this machine for a data capable one?  Use this link to guide you.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices

Looks like CN and I posted the same time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We would recommend the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet as the most preferred model.
The keyword here is AutoSet.

I would insist on it.
If it was me with what I know I would return it now. Tell them they will replace it with the AutoSet, or you will find another supplier who will.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all, for the prompt and thorough responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your provider is set on Philips Respironics (which many of us use), then demand at least the DreamStation CPAP Pro, which reports useful data but is fixed pressure only.

If you can manage it, go for auto-CPAP, which lets the machine help you find the best pressure for you, automatically adjusting it as needed throughout the night. The DreamStation Auto CPAP is PR's equivalent of ResMed's AutoSet.

If you can get your doctor to mandate an auto-CPAP device in his prescription, then the DME won't be able to refuse.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  New: .spoR manipulation tool strix 5 1,729 10-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Migration tool geoffhart1962 5 602 12-14-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Oscar migration tool? mitchel674 6 2,315 04-03-2022, 08:09 PM
Last Post: mariuslaurentiu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.