Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best tracking software?
Question 
Best tracking software?
I've read good things about both SleepyHead and ResScan software. Has anyone tried both? Which is better and why?

THanks!
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best tracking software?
Welcome EmilySleeps, I have installed both but only use Sleepyhead I find it a bit confusing using both, try both and see which one you like the best and stick with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does ResScan only work with respironic machines? Perhaps I'm making an assumption here, but it seems that the SleepyHead doesn't quite support the new Resmed airsense 10 machines yet and I'm super curious to look at my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2014, 09:09 PM)Amie87 Wrote: Does ResScan only work with respironic machines? Perhaps I'm making an assumption here, but it seems that the SleepyHead doesn't quite support the new Resmed airsense 10 machines yet and I'm super curious to look at my data.

Right here http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/ you'll find it.
Works fine with our new machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2014, 09:57 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(12-15-2014, 09:09 PM)Amie87 Wrote: Does ResScan only work with respironic machines? Perhaps I'm making an assumption here, but it seems that the SleepyHead doesn't quite support the new Resmed airsense 10 machines yet and I'm super curious to look at my data.

Right here http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/ you'll find it.
Works fine with our new machines.

I did download it, but I was under the impression it's more or less a beta version with some glitches and kinks to work out. Still fun to look at though. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan only works with ResMed machines, not Respironics.

I used both for a while but hated ResScan. SleepyHead has some quirks, yeah, but they're all workable. It is written and designed by a CPAP user. I like that it is simple, to the point, and not focused on hours used but the actual, usable data. You know, the stuff that keeps us healthy vs the stuff that makes sure everyone gets paid.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

No ResScan was developed by ResMed for their machines. Links to download both can be found on the Apnea Board.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2014, 10:18 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ResScan only works with ResMed machines, not Respironics.

I used both for a while but hated ResScan. SleepyHead has some quirks, yeah, but they're all workable. It is written and designed by a CPAP user. I like that it is simple, to the point, and not focused on hours used but the actual, usable data. You know, the stuff that keeps us healthy vs the stuff that makes sure everyone gets paid.

Ooops! I confused respironic for resmed! Haha
Post Reply Post Reply
It happens. All that res-this and res-that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2014, 08:56 PM)EmilySleeps Wrote: I've read good things about both SleepyHead and ResScan software. Has anyone tried both? Which is better and why?

THanks!
Hi EmilySleeps,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use the data-management software but I've heard that SleepyHead is much better than ResScann but of course, YMMV.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 60 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,323 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 348 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Dreamstation 2 session tracking hillie16 3 491 12-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.