Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best way to clean and deodorize Fisher & Paykel Simplus headgear?
Best way to clean and deodorize Fisher & Paykel Simplus headgear?
Can anyone suggest the best way to clean the Fisher & Paykel Simplus headgear when it becomes stained from sweat and oils in my scalp? I'd like to clean it and also make sure to remove the sweat odor from it. 

Preferably something that will not be too harsh on the material so I can prolong the life of the headgear for as long as possible. 

Thanks! Smile

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best way to clean and deodorize Fisher & Paykel Simplus headgear?
I just use some Dawn dish soap and a basin full of hot water. I would think any dish soap would suffice though. 

I let my head gear soak for about 15 minutes or so, and then I swish it around some. I tend to have night sweats at times, and my head sweats. But, not nearly as often since I've been on my CPAP. 

Anyways, my head gear comes out looking great and odorless.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. Someone on another CPAP forum recommended putting it in a mesh laundry bag and putting it in the washer but I like your idea better.

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2019, 10:48 PM)PaulKTF Wrote: Okay. Someone on another CPAP forum recommended putting it in a mesh laundry bag and putting it in the washer but I like your idea better.

After I'm done swishing it around, I rinse it with hot water, and I then pat it as dry as possible with a clean towel. I then let it hang and air dry and that only takes about 1 hour or so at most.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,927 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 451 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 354 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.