Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed aircurve 10 asv setup
RE: Resmed aircurve 10 asv setup
(01-12-2018, 08:15 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: FWIW If you choose ASV Auto that gives you 4 settings  for pressure as follows:

EPAP Min and Max.

Pressure Support (PS) Min and Max.

IPAP will be variable as the sum of EPAP and PS.

If you run it as ASV, it reduces settings to EPAP (w/o Min or Max) and PS Min and Max

Obviously, there are comfort settings as well.

What did you have set on the prior machine? This would help us fill in the blanks. You mentioned prior posts with images, so I'll try to find them.

I have hired a DS1 since been diagnosed and #foamgate has come up in the last week and want to try and setup on an ASV as best I can.I don’t have central’s and just want to treat the OSA. Have thought about selling and downgrading to a Vauto. OSCAR shows I want to maintain around 12 and currently have DS1 machine set to Ivap 8 and evap 16. Would like to get an easy exhale as finding it hard on the DS1. I don’t know if the ASV mode will auto adjust. Have attached OSCAR settings too. Thanks in advance https://imgur.com/gallery/004GvEa
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed aircurve 10 asv setup
OK for just Obstructive events, OSA, the VAuto will be better for you. This way you eliminate the sometimes intentional abrupt pressure changes an ASV does to combat CA. The ASV would be considered overkill in your situation.

The VAuto is a BPAP without backup rate but ASV has backup rate. Again for you VAuto is better, again due to a lack of Centrals.

I believe the VAuto will be more comfortable as you can get away with lower pressures but still combat Apnea successfully. The DreamStation's are notable in their slower attack on events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 112 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 572 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,516 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.