Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea
Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea

Hello guys, I need some help with my diagnosis.
I use a defoamed System One REMstar CPAP machine with a Dreamware mask, I experimented with a lot of settings and the lowest give best results on paper -
but I always wake up tired, and I'm tired during the day.
I see a lot of waxing and waning type patterns in Oscar and a lot of the times they are not marked with anything, and i'm worried the Philips machines is not diagnosing every episode, and it's placing OA rather than CA. my AHI's are always pretty low, but I always feel like s....

I will attach pictures with 7 fixed and 8 fixed.
What I think might be the problem is that my left turbinate swells after a few hours of use, and it gets harder for me to breathe with the lowe pressure, so I start to take shallow breaths
which lead to Hypopneas. I'm thinking in putting min7 to max9.5 Auto, so it raises the pressure and maybe unclogs the nose during night.

When I put the humidity on high, I get some condensation, which I don't know how to resolve since I can't use a heated tube, maybe high humidity would keep my nose open but I doubt it... Also, I use a double chin strap with a little piece of 3M tape, and I resolved all the leaks with this.

I'm thinking of buying P2 BMC pillow mask and I don't really know how I will know if i't CA and if I will need a better machine.
PS if there is a better way of sharing my information, like SleepHQ or something please tell me..-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,672 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,578 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 119 6,744 04-12-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 231 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 218 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 77 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 126 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.