Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP pressures at maximum
RE: BiPAP pressures at maximum
As far as the collar is concerned- use the measurements from your chin to your Sternum to get the correct height.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stacey, I will do this.

Here is the data from last night, after the latest pressure rise.

AHI still a bit up on where it was before the two rises. I am using a V-shaped apnea pillow but I think it makes things worse if I roll onto my back in my sleep. So I may well ditch it.

I have moved the Peak Flow graph into view. Not sure if this is of any use in determining centrals v obstructive Hyponeas but here it is.

It's concerning that the clinic are raising pressures while the consensus here is to go lower.

Re: an ASV I am prepared to be patient a bit longer but will not tolerate an inferior machine forever. If it comes to it I will but ine second hand. I am even wondering wherthere I would vbe better off on a bog stahdfard fixed pressure CPAP.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Chart below: 

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The therapy didn't look very good. I think some very high leak levels may have blown this session, at least in part by the Max leak of 183 and Max total leak 188. I see too many events to consider this anything close to successful, unfortunately. You possibly had over 15 AHI overall.

I can only guess, you didn't feel too good afterwards. Which does bring the question, how do you feel after that?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The big leaks were almost certainly down to leaving the blower on dring bathroom trips. My enlarged prostate dictates that, despite medication. The leaks however really are much much lower than they were since a change of mask. And I think I can get them down further.

However, you are right to think I do not feel very good. And today I feel even worse although the AHI is similar. The pressure rises seem to have bumped up the average AHI from about 11 to about 15 although is still a bit early to say.

I have come to the conclusion I cannot rely on the NHS to sort me out, even though they have upped their game lately. I am going to start pressing for a titration study and try a night on lower pressures using the spare machine they have fogottren I have. Their approach is totally trial and error, pressure-wise.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

The above shows last night's data with a 3.5" SSC. I was previously using a 2.5" collar, which allowed my chin to drop somewhat. 

Firstly, I was wondering if this was the correct fit. It seems to be. It keeps my head pretty much horizontal, with no possibility of the chin dropping.     

It seems the correct fit to me, or should there be a little leeway?

The other point is that it does not seem to have made much difference to my AHI or hypopnea clusters.

What do you think?

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,734 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 461 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 425 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  bipap Innisfree 2 422 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Central sleep apnea? need help on pressures flappypalate 2 486 11-23-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: flappypalate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.